Year

Day

Time

03:06:14

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 12 Day 261 6:08
Jan Hutti

I know the combine is developed by people in their spare time. I wanted to know if there was a place a player could go to see the status of the various projects like combat R&D etc. like project plans or a blog. I have looked but cant find one.

Year 12 Day 261 7:27
Nope. There used to, but it ended up not being updated so it held incorrect information and was more misleading than anything else.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 12 Day 261 7:58
Jan Hutti

Thanks Mr. Ellias that is to bad but I suppose that is the way of it.

Year 12 Day 261 10:29
There has been discussion of bringing something of this nature back.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 12 Day 261 12:53
what about the developer projected plan? i thought i saw a video or two explaining what was expected to be completed in the upcoming year.

Photobucket
Year 12 Day 262 11:25
I'm pretty sure that was just a combat demo.

Photobucket

Year 12 Day 262 13:17
Jesfa

Unfortunately things are started, delayed, cancelled, re-organized, altered, etc so often, making an arbitrary "We're x% done", rather useless. Like others said, we had it for a long time, and I think there were projects on there for years and years without movement, simply because a different approach was taken, or they were decided to be irrelevant for the current time. We do have the dev chart (somewhere), which lists the order of things to come, but it's not entirely accurate either.

LoraxSig3copy.png
Year 12 Day 263 2:04
Jan Hutti

It could of course change but at least players would know the current thinking and planning.

Year 12 Day 263 12:01
We're working on Combat and R&D. There, you know what we're doing!

Really, it's incredibly annoying to even have to list what we're working on, much less keep up with some arbitrary page stating "We're 15% done with feature X!"

Year 12 Day 263 13:53
i understand mikel, but please try to see it from the player base side. i think i speak for everyone when i say we aren't trying to rush anyone or put any kind of pressure on you guys. but more that we would like to know what we should be getting prepared for.

as you said "combat and R&D" that's good enough for me, and i thank you for that sir.

Photobucket
Year 12 Day 265 1:57
At the moment, the main projects are:
- combat (Sin)
- Galaxy (Jesfa and his team)
- New Faction selector (Khan)
- Web services (BK & Khan)

Sim Master Veynom

*** This post is written on 100% recyclable electrons. ***
Year 12 Day 265 2:36
Oh great and honorable Sim Master, could we get that information posted somewhere? (ignore the ass kissing, trying to get off that damned blacklist)

Not even Death's embrace shall save you from me.

There are too many good guys in this galaxy, which is why you have me.

mystats.php?uid=c6464
Year 12 Day 265 7:40
*** This post is written on 100% recyclable electrons. ***

- Sim Master Veynom

Yes... but are they organic, biodegradable, fair trade, low fat, low sugar, low g.i., allergen free, free of artificial colors and flavors, and do they come in the flavours chocolate, vanilla and pink?

*Pink is a flavour! :P

Year 12 Day 288 8:01
Jan Hutti

Thanks Mr. Veynom

Will there be R&D and reverse engineering as well?

Year 12 Day 288 21:34
R&D/Reverse engineering comes after combat, or when we get enough coders to start work on that as well.