Year

Day

Time

01:17:02

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 12 Day 274 21:23
Hyrax Dreem

Being new to the Combine and fully willing to immerse myself within the SW Universe, there are a few details not covered which need clarification for my (our) happiness, survival and success.

Arrests:
What determines whether an arrest is successful or not? Is there a specific algorithm or formula that can help one determine whether an attempted arrest is suicide or worthy of a modicum of success? On the same note; is there like formula to determine whether your probability of arrest will result in XX% chance of arrest/ fail?

Once arrested: what chance does one have of escape vs a character with a skill level the same, or two, or more skill levels higher? Is it all blind chance or is there a basic formula that can help?

Isn't there some way to 'make' a faction release a player that has been arrested if they've been arrested and 'put on ice'. Surely, it'd be more lifelike if a character had some chance of wheedling, pleading, cajoling or enticing a faction or jailer of releasing them once arrested?
NOTE: Maybe an increasing percentage chance of one or more of those chances to occur while incarcerated.

Noghiri maxims

- "One who is dishonorable, succumbs to death; One who is honorable, is the death of dishonor."
- "Show compassion; rest in the belly of your quarry."

-- Rax
Year 12 Day 274 21:31
Shuji Shizuka

Once arrested: what chance does one have of escape vs a character with a skill level the same, or two, or more skill levels higher? Is it all blind chance or is there a basic formula that can help?

Isn't there some way to 'make' a faction release a player that has been arrested if they've been arrested and 'put on ice'. Surely, it'd be more lifelike if a character had some chance of wheedling, pleading, cajoling or enticing a faction or jailer of releasing them once arrested?  

These two are really based on action and interaction between PC's. While arrest itself is based on a skill vs the opponents, escape is currently not possible. The only real solution to this imbalance is not to get arrested in the first place;p But anyway, generally it relies on you convincing your captor to letting you go.

This user is currently in the process of moving, and so is semi-inactive.
Year 12 Day 274 21:35
The Arrest equation, like many in the game, is hidden so that people are less likely to be able to manipulate it. Simply put, the better skills you have in the appropriate areas, the better your chances.

As for a game function to effect an escape, or rescue, it does not exist.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 12 Day 274 22:37
At least not escaping on your own Hal - others can use a lockbreaker to release you.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 12 Day 274 22:59
I must not have been paying attention when that was actually added, Ellias. Still, it requires you to get to the person first, which can be difficult in itself. But good point.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 12 Day 274 23:18
Extremely difficult considering you are not allowed to tell any potential rescuers where you are

Year 12 Day 275 1:08
Your location is still displayed: aboard the c-wing ugly "teh wurld devastatorz". It is up to you to find it, and negociate access to it.

Also, please note that if you are carrying items owned by someone else, the owner cannot use the "show on galactic map" feature to check your galactic position. It is an abuse of the rules who have been already punished and will keep being punished.

Also, remember: even if your skills are awful and you are facing a FS user built for A&E, there is still little odds for you to succeed in your arrest. Theses odds are near zero, but exist.

The skills used for arresting someone depends of the target's choices when being arrested. If I correctly remember, the default setting for resisting arrest (can't check while being banned) is "run", which means that you will be a better hunter if you have high speed and vigor skills.

Year 12 Day 275 13:27
Xanatos Darkstar

Has the idea been toyed with at all that in the future it may be programmed to be able to escape after you are arrested without outside help?

Year 12 Day 275 14:40
Kendall Holm

Why would you even want something like that ... the failed attempt at arrest is the Escape attempt. In all respects we are not magicians and miraculously slip out of stun cuffs with no help and no items due to being searched before being placed in stun cuffs.

SWC3dsUser.png
Year 12 Day 275 16:02
Xanatos Darkstar

Wow, what a rather hostile post Kendall. It's quite simple why I'd want something like that. People do escape in real life. It may not be ultra common, but it happens.

Now take prisoners of war who have had a lot more successes due to their training and skill. It seems quite reasonable that there could be an escape attempt by a highly skilled but arrested person.

Escaping before being caught is not the same thing as escaping after being caught, so the failed attempt is not what you are making it to be.

I was merely asking. They can say yes or no. They may share your views or they may share mine. Furthermore, force sensitives are like wizards and we all know they're related to magicians, so some people may indeed be magicians :D

Year 12 Day 275 20:19
Kendall Holm

I can understand what you are talking about. But referencing pows or prisoners in a prison to that of stun cuffs is what I am confused about. Those people that escaped were detained in an area and not bound at the hands by professional equipment. Show me references of people that get out of Modern handcuffs without assistance and are not performers. i can see force sensitive people getting out of them. I can see people locked in an area break out. But a person that has no items, and hands bound by cuffs, escaping would be a little much don't you think? This is just my opinion now, and not supposed to be hostile but more on the lines of discussion. You are more that welcome to put this up in the suggestion forum and see where it goes. But as warning. You think I am hostile wait till you see what the peeps on the suggestion forum say.

SWC3dsUser.png
Year 12 Day 275 20:29
And not just other players either :P