Time

02:17:10

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » When is Combat System Going To Be Ready
Page 1 2 3 4
well then whats the challenge?

Hunters have this pattern of becoming hunted.
Tando, you are asking for some concrete development timeframe. The dev team doesn't work that way. Its more of a "I can spend an hour or two doing this, I'll get to that later, etc" system. Combat could be ready tomorrow or a year from now, it all depends on how much time the coders can volunteer for it.

Well i wish there were more coders and they did more then. :)

/waits for the fallout from Tando's last comment :P

http://lifehacker.com/5401954/programmer-101-teach-yourself-how-to-code

Get to it.

/me sends in the nukes to begin Tiali's Fallout

Bonowhemm Oplo

What you have to remember is that the game is still in Alpha Stage, and while Buggy PVP would be better than NO PvP - The vast majority of people playing this game are likely to rage quit after a couple of buggy deaths.

So, to amend my previous statement, No Pvp is better than NO GAME.

I rest my case.

Tando,

This is aa fan based game, the coders we have give up their own time for no pay to code for the combine, as suggested above if they're not working to a timeframe you like learn to code and help them out.

In regards to your probing questions asking for an exact date, the answer for when will combat be ready has been Soomtm since Year 0 Day 1 from what I understand, 13 years later we don't have it.

I suggest if you like the game as it currently is keep playing, anyone who doesn't like the game as it currently is and is holding out for new features is likely wasting their time as swc is not being developed at lightening speed.

Eidolon QuarterMaster of the planet Nal Koska

mystats.php?uid=c2963
There's plenty of activities to do here except the combat: piloting,exploring, fighting creatures, building cities, producing entities ( ship, vehicule, item, etc), joining your favorite faction, chatting, helping newbies, work for credits, etc.

I do agree that we' will all be excited when combat will be implemented ( mainly space combat will be awesome). But.... be patient ;)

fighting creatures=combat

Its just that its star WARS you can;t really have star WARS without well WARS. But i do understand what everyone means. Also it seems everyone likes the whole creature combat thing but honestly,I don;t because if they can;t fight back it makes me feel bad that i;m fighting a defenseless creature.

Mark Smith

If you really want combat so much I recomend younstart learning to code

Then you can help speed up the process

http://www.swcombine.com/forum/forum.php?forumID=185

I am actually. Hehe. However i can only make some basic php and do a bit of proof reading to fix some scripts.

Derrik Thynite

You'll need to know a bit more than that, for example MySQL and associated forms, as I do believe combat will require to be connected to various different databases.

Willian Daniel

If there is no combat,how come there are corpses?

Signature removed by God. Contact support for any questions.
Shuji Shizuka

They are a product of the Arrest/Execute system, which is a cross between law enforcement and a basic version of combat.

This user is currently in the process of moving, and so is semi-inactive.
Harlynn Kinn

...the answer for when will combat be ready has been Soomtm since Year 0 Day 1 from what I understand, 13 years later we don't have it.

- Borr

I have been aware of this since the day I started my addiction to SWC. However, i always try to suppress it in the back of my mind, in some dark and isolated part. When my eye balls fell on these words, I nearly cried a tear of pain...really.

I, like many other players who have been around for a few years, have made peace with the fact that combat is very likely 13 MORE years away. Tando, it is best to just let the idea go. Be happy with what the coders do give us, and make the best of what we have.

HK_sig_1.png
One foot in the grave. Another planted on your throat.
"Your focus. Needs more focus."
Shuji Shizuka

^

While I do relish the ability to blow my enemies up, I am similarly unhappy with the idea of having to defend all of my stuff and loosing it to some newb in a Y-tie.

We do have creature combat though, that's pretty cool.

This user is currently in the process of moving, and so is semi-inactive.
and we get to battle trolls in the forums....

Kendall Holm

Which is a losing battle since the goal of trolling is to provoke an Emo response. So just by getting angry at them they win

SWC3dsUser.png
Derrik Thynite

You could combat them with a perfectly rational response, completely and utterly baffling them.

Page 1 2 3 4