Day

Time

23:53:16

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » When is Combat System Going To Be Ready
Page 1 2 3 4
What if you exicute somone and they come back with nothing but there stats and its up to there faction to rearm the person. So if he was big time and u arrest and kill them it still. Cripiles them for a time and after a 2 day break without contact and returns to there original start point they will need to take npc transport but even if they come back from the dead they may or may not be able to recover completely. If they cause to much of a burdon they'll probably get shunned by there faction if I was arrested every week and cost my faction millions in ships and weapons just to go half cocked into trouble screw me. The escape pod thing I forgot about that and the flying into the sun maybe ur too dead to recover like if u get ur arms and legs melted off my lava then repaired like darth. Sorry just throwing what many people have probably already said out there. If I knew how to do this stuff I would try it and show my work but the closest to that would be foundry missions on star trek online.

The Wraiths
How about, Permadeath with combat, coming back three weeks later with no skills or assets, and we don't bother with discussions like this?

Permadeath is a solution to having 4K individuals going at each other. At the same time. Because that would be hell. Imagine if you had yourself a high-level character. Then, these two someones ganged together while you were busy, and killed you. You respawned the next day, with most of your skills, grabbed a ship (which, if you were at a faction respawn point, would be readily available, along with some weapons), found your killers, headed that way, and killed them in turn. Then, THEY would respawn the next day, with most of their skills, grab a ship (handily provided at their faction spawn point, along with weapons), find you, travel there, and kill you again. It goes on and on.

Now, would you be so eager to go and kill someone if you knew that you might get killed in the process, and would lose your character forever, and have to wait three weeks to respawn?
I didn't think so.

Also, to that idea about the other combat server: I don't know for sure, but I'd be willing to bet that there isn't enough room on what servers they have right now to host another Combine, not with the stuff that is currently available. And add combat into that mix, and you're down the drain.

How many blasters would a blaster blast if a blaster could blast blasters?
Shuji Shizuka

This is all assuming that once combat comes out everyone will immediately have at each other with whatever's laying around.

This user is currently in the process of moving, and so is semi-inactive.
Well, I personally plan to hang out in deep space for a few months after it comes out, but I doubt everyone else will be that laid-back. At least, no noob is. Perhaps a good bit of the veterans, and some of the in-betweens. But a good bit, especially if a bunch join with the advent of combat, will likely go about murdering anybody with anything they can lay their hands on, and a few things they can't. That's my prediction. That, and the Force Freaks will be the subject of a few witch hunts. Sucks to be them.

Ah'm planning on rounding up all mah ships and NPCs/droids and going out and explore the Unknown Regions, anyone is free to join me

Asar Anchti

Permadeath in combat would be one of the stupidiest ideas ever. I don't think, that anybody, who plays the game for years would be willing to start from the beginning. Loss of some % of your assets is fine, but not everything. Also, I don't like the idea of resetting all your skill. Now, a lot of people put skill points in skills they currently need and don't think on future. Why give them a possibility of rearranging skills?

All in all, I think, if permadeath was included in the combat patch, players would play almost the same way as though there's no combat, just because they don't want to start from scratch again.

dorinian.png
Well, sorry to bust your bubbles, but permadeath is a feature of this game, and combat will not be an exception to it. Per your claims about skill loss, this game is designed so that new characters are not so much disadvantaged as in other games - they get so many skill points at creation, and then only get 1 per level up so the disparity is not that large.

Ellias_sig6.png
Asar Anchti

Then, I stand behind what I said earlier. In this case there won't be much of a combat. And in the worst case scenario, if loot is possible, old veterans will be farming new players, who lose interest in game after few attempts and leave. I've seen it in many games.

dorinian.png
Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl

Perhaps one or two, but there's not much to loot from new players, them being...new and all that. More likely you'll find new players shooting at whatever they come across after having skipped reading the rules or getting a feel for the game, followed by their violent deaths.

Sounds accurate to me.

Could someone resume the situation as far as combat in SWCombine?

Korvas Varik

Soon....as in Soon-if-you-lived-for-centuries

varik1
What he said.

Combat wasn't around for 12 years. Then, year twelve, we got the unexpected pleasure of killing helpless animals. Don't be sad. It's good step.
In another decade or two, I fully expect combat to be completely integrated. And I will stick around until then.

Could someone resume the situation as far as combat in SWCombine?

- Phoenix

Congrulations my friend. You have officially made the transition from being, politely speaking here, just a "newb" to a full-fledged "noob". A newb myself, after taking the time to read 7 pages worth of posts that basically answers this question (i.e. no one REALLY knows), I can really justify my actions in dedicating this picture to you mate.

noob-56631.jpg

Is this definitive enough for you to grasp?

Edited By: Thomas Sabosen on Year 13 Day 58 15:10
Page 1 2 3 4