170 are online

Year

Day

Time

02:17:30

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Why Are Red Scenarios locked?
Year 12 Day 325 20:06
Deleted Post
Harlynn Kinn
Deleted by Harlynn Kinn. Reason: Whats the point.
Year 12 Day 325 21:07
Arlo Parkers

Me too. They're an important pRt of combine history, and I'd very much like to be able to peruse them. I'm sure others would agree as well.

arlosig.png
Si Ego Certiorem Faciam ... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris
Year 12 Day 325 22:51
If you refer to the ones at the bottom of the RPG Centre, they aren't even Red Scenarios.

They were run after the Red Scenarios were closed, some hybrid scenario more dangerous than a WS but not like RS that closed entire systems and put everyone there at risk.

I'm not even sure any of them finished properly, and I don't know why they've never been just deleted, to be honest.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 12 Day 325 23:29
Deleted Post
Harlynn Kinn
Deleted by Harlynn Kinn. Reason: Its not important
Year 12 Day 326 12:33
Ralgarrch

You shouldn't know what happened unless you were there or somebody who was tells you, it's IC information. Besides nothing interesting happened before they failed, they should just be deleted and I doubt revords of the red scenarios survive.

Ral.png
Year 12 Day 326 22:05
Deleted Post
Harlynn Kinn
Deleted by Harlynn Kinn. Reason: Its not important.
Year 12 Day 326 22:15
Shuji Shizuka

I doubt revords of the red scenarios survive. 

Weren't a good chunk of the modded ships RS rewards?

This user is currently in the process of moving, and so is semi-inactive.
Year 12 Day 326 22:24
Ral meant records Shuji. Come on...

I understand that the Red Scenarios are IC information, but I agree that they are a very important piece of history. IC history, like GNS posts, are retrievable. It would make sense for the Red Scenarios to exist in an "archive" of sorts, a history of the galaxy kind of thing. I'm in favor of viewing them, though I understand there is stigma regarding the actions of some Admins during that period?

Year 12 Day 326 22:35
Shuji Shizuka

^

Apologies, I thought he had meant rewards, not records.

This user is currently in the process of moving, and so is semi-inactive.
Year 12 Day 326 22:43
Deleted Post
Harlynn Kinn
Deleted by Harlynn Kinn. Reason: Please close this thread.
Year 12 Day 326 23:17
The Red Scenarios do not exist on these forums. They were never run on these forums. They were run on EZBoard, which is now Yuku, which we switched away from due to the costs that were imposed for running an EZBoard without ads, especially one with as much traffic as SWC had. And in fact we had 3, split as the three forums are split now. If they even still exist, which I sincerely doubt, they have almost certainly been purged of information.

If the information did exist - and also in the case of the Admin Scenarios which do persist - the information contained within them, specifically the actions and allegiances of those participating, is In Character information which those persons and parties may not want revealed to the general public any more than some people want their faction membership declared.

They are part of the OOC history of the game, and known as such (in fact more than necessary, apparently, given how much some people who weren't anywhere near them go on about them), and any events which need to be IC history are also recorded as such. But the exact participants, actions, and other specific details, should not be forced to be public information when those reading have no way of finding out those details, and cannot all be trusted not to use those details as IC knowledge at a later date.

So no, the Red Scenario archives are not available, and shouldn't be made public even if they were. You want to know what happened in one? Find someone who was in it and ask.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Year 12 Day 326 23:30
Deleted Post
Harlynn Kinn
Deleted by Harlynn Kinn. Reason: Please close this thread.
Year 12 Day 327 3:32
And if one of the scenarios reveals that Taka Aioko was secretly a Black Sun agent at the time?

If you weren't in them, then quite frankly those scenarios are none of your business, and it's definitely not up to you to decide whether or not the personal information of the participants matters, or should be made public.

Year 12 Day 327 7:43
Deleted Post
Harlynn Kinn
Deleted by Harlynn Kinn. Reason: Please close.
Year 12 Day 327 7:45
I'm sorry Harlynn. I have to agree with Hal and his reasoning on why they should be kept locked away. I hadn't fully considered the ramifications of the kind of information that would be contained within the scenarios.

Year 12 Day 327 8:03
Deleted Post
Harlynn Kinn
Deleted by Harlynn Kinn. Reason: Close Please.
Year 12 Day 327 13:04
Nope.

swcforumsig

Year 12 Day 327 13:22
Deleted Post
Harlynn Kinn
Deleted by Harlynn Kinn. Reason: Please Close
Year 12 Day 327 19:00
And your attitude that you don't care about the ramifications because you haven't been here that long and selfishly want to satisfy your curiousity is constructive?

You asked. You have been answered. You disagree, for reasons you have given. Your disagreement does not in any way change or invalidate the answer or the supporting reasoning.

Year 12 Day 327 20:06
Deleted Post
Harlynn Kinn
Year 12 Day 328 4:44
The difference here is, Hal IS right, while you only 'feel' you're right.

That's why all the people who understand this game are saying no.

Unless specifically stated, this post is not the view of the Star Wars Combine Administration and should not be viewed as such.
Year 12 Day 328 11:33
Deleted Post
Harlynn Kinn
Year 12 Day 328 12:38
Nobody is denying, that they were an important part of SWC. What we are saying is, that they are IC information. If you want to get access to that information, you have to do it through IC means (like finding out who owns a certain freighter that has some of your stuff on it).

If you cannot understand that part, then I'm afraid we can't help you with understanding it.

Year 12 Day 328 21:59
Oh yay. Barzini syndrome.

There are few things more ridiculous and childish than deleting all your posts in a thread just because discussion doesn't go your way.

Year 12 Day 328 23:08
Harlynn Kinn

I deleted my first post on accident when i was TRYING to change the topic to "Please Close", i wasnt thinking. I felt that with the first post erased it was pointless to leave the others. But your entitled to your own opinion, however disrespectful it may be.

Oh, and before you call someone childish, you should think about what YOUR doing. Posting in a thread that is OBVIOUSLY closed. You know, i didnt have any issue with you, and i have not once called you anything other then your name, and in fact, i rather respected you. I understand that you deal with alot of idiots every day, and i realize that it must be stressful. But you have no right to call anyone a name that hasn't been anything but respectful to you. Just because we dont see eye to eye on something doesn't give you the right to be rude.

HK_sig_1.png
One foot in the grave. Another planted on your throat.
"Your focus. Needs more focus."
Year 12 Day 329 4:15
We don't generally close threads in this forum so there is nothing wrong with continuing to post in them if someone sees fit. It's recommended that you do not, in fact, edit the thread title since we just archive posts and do not delete anything, so others can search for the existing threads rather than opening new threads for the same topics.

That said, your posts have been coming across in a rather unpleasant tone as well, which deleting all of your posts only served to underline. Perhaps you did not intend it that way, but so it goes. Miscommunication and misinterpretation happen, particularly via text.

Anywho, any other questions? Otherwise I am sure you and Hal can happily chew each other out via DM for the next few days if you so desire.

swcforumsig

Year 12 Day 329 9:38
Harlynn Kinn

Im sorry, i didnt know that.

And i would also like to apologize if my tone came across as unpleasant or rude in any way. Im really a nice person, i just dont convey it well via text. I have no more questions.

HK_sig_1.png
Year 12 Day 329 10:56
I was told one of your deleted posts said the ASims were ignoring you. While I cannot speak to Arjuna, Jenos, et al., I personally just don't login on weekends. I wasn't ignoring you, I simply wasn't around!

Russ> This is an ok game with terrible people.
Year 12 Day 329 11:51
Arete has to keep his boyish figure by stepping away from the computer on weekends. >_>

Anyway, I think someone might be interested in combining all the known information about the RSes and putting them on the Holocron. I know a lot of the participants of FTA, Beta, etc are more than happy to talk about what happened.

Year 12 Day 329 12:15
Harlynn Kinn

I was told one of your deleted posts said the ASims were ignoring you. While I cannot speak to Arjuna, Jenos, et al., I personally just don't login on weekends. I wasn't ignoring you, I simply wasn't around!

- Arete

I understand that we all have lives outside the Combine, some more then myself :p

Anyway, I think someone might be interested in combining all the known information about the RSes and putting them on the Holocron. I know a lot of the participants of FTA, Beta, etc are more than happy to talk about what happened.

- Mikel von Bianchi

Thank you for the information, where would you recommend I post to recruit these people/some help with Holocron? v tried it out, and im not very good with it. Haha

HK_sig_1.png