Year

Day

Time

01:18:09

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 12 Day 330 12:38
Lorenzas Atticus

How many "tiles" from a planetary shield generator does the shield extend?

Can a shield be only one "tile"? Say just over one city on a planet?

Is it safe to assume that a planet that is mostly covered by ocean is unshielded?

Thanks,
Lorenzas

Year 12 Day 330 13:12
It's a 3x3 square, with the shield projector in the centre square.

No. They're always a fixed size.

Cities, including shield generators, can be built on ocean. Lava is the only thing that will prevent shields.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 12 Day 330 17:27
And, even if you cannot see a city, SGs can be built in hidden cities which you cannot see on the galaxy map.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 12 Day 331 6:21
Ben Camden

Hal: Can't build shields in caves either.

gold1.gifRGC-3.pnggold2.gif
Senior Governor Ben Camden
Regional Government
Year 12 Day 331 11:46
Lorenzas Atticus

Thanks guys. Another question:

I know you can't descend or ascend through a shield but what about cross-terrain travel? I believe I have walked through a shield before but can a vehicle or ship pass through one?

Edited By: Lorenzas Atticus on Year 12 Day 331 11:50
Year 12 Day 331 12:08
Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl

Ground travel works fine.

Year 12 Day 331 12:15
Lorenzas Atticus

Thanks Ten.

Year 12 Day 334 17:29
There are 2 types of shield generators, which is better?

With tears in her eyes she pulls him close and says, "You fool, didn't you know that one man couldn't make a difference?"

With his dying breath he whispers, "If you live while I do not then I made a difference.........."

Year 12 Day 334 18:20
There is only 1 type of shield generator. What you may be confusing is the Shield Projector - this just boosts the shields of a station in orbit of a planet, and has nothing to do with placing a shield around a planet. Think the 2nd Deathstar, and the shield from the moon of Endor.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 12 Day 334 20:19
All right thanks.

With tears in her eyes she pulls him close and says, "You fool, didn't you know that one man couldn't make a difference?"

With his dying breath he whispers, "If you live while I do not then I made a difference.........."