Year

Day

Time

07:38:39

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Page 1 2 3
Year 12 Day 343 17:22
A few months. As for doing it, select the NPCs from the Party screen, then choose the patrol option from the drop down menu and setup the patrol.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 12 Day 344 13:57
Thanks Ellias.

I see what i was doing wrong: first, under Party, I had to crate a Squad. Then you can give that squad a command.

Much obliged.

"When all is said and done, there's nothing left to say or do."

-- Darryl Dawkins
Year 12 Day 344 19:44
Shuji Shizuka

While we're asking semi-related questions...

Before you ask why they have them then, a) its because the NPCs needed a skill set similar to a 1st level PC to avoid the whole 30+ free skill points to turn them into unseeable, forces of nature in combat, and b) to add some RP flavour to them.

- Ellias

Why did they change the skills to begin with? As it is, any one of my npc's, even a boxstacker or greeter, would have better than 50/50 chances of killing me from five squares away, before I could even see them. And i'm a combat(ish) build character. Somehow this does not fit in with the generally accepted "PC's are the heroes of the galaxy, those who have an edge above others" when we've sort of become second tier compared to those we command.

This user is currently in the process of moving, and so is semi-inactive.
Year 12 Day 344 20:27
Harlynn Kinn

Are you unable to have NPCs patrol while on a ship?

If so, what am i doing wrong? When i form the squad and set them to patrol, im told "You do not have access to this page."

HK_sig_1.png
One foot in the grave. Another planted on your throat.
"Your focus. Needs more focus."
Year 12 Day 344 21:32
Not sure if you are asking about setting NPCs to patrol your ship (don't believe they can do that) or giving them patrol orders remotely (can't do that, have to be at the same location to begin patrol, not sure about ending)

Year 12 Day 344 22:34
I don't think you can patrol a ship.

As, Shuji, for changing the skills, it was because of code stuff for combat. For whatever reasons, NPCs needed to have similar number of skill points to PCs. As for box stackers etc having better weapon skills than you, they should not. I don't believe I put any weapon skills (maybe the odd 1 point or something) for non-military NPCs, so likely if they are better then thats from just before they had skill sheets and so had 30+ points to use wherever.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 12 Day 344 22:57
Shuji Shizuka

That's what I mean. NPC's start with more skill points than a PC, and don't have to put anything in skills such as leadership or piloting. Especially military npc's but also non military ones, now have the ability to be super soldiers. Unfortunately, PC's won't stand a chance come combat in that sort of environment.

This user is currently in the process of moving, and so is semi-inactive.
Year 12 Day 345 2:41
Harlynn you need to be on the groun in a city to be able to make NPCs patrol.

I agree NPCs seems over-powered now, with the patrolling its so easy for them to gain lots of levels and so SPs to spend on combat skills, not to mention all those NPCs that had 30-40 free SPs. I still have custom NPC that has 42 SP free and she is only level 1. PCs might start with same ammount but we are forced to spread them among all of the five groups, so we can't start with 4s and 5s in Combat group, but there was no such restriction on NPCs. I think something went wrong somewhere when NPCs are better than most low level PCs.

Benedicta Per Gratiam Jou
MeandMine.png
--> Lvl 5 FI Operator - Free Service <--
Year 12 Day 345 2:50
Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl

They already removed those skill points again for combat NPCs, presumably they'll do the same with the other types at some point.

Year 12 Day 345 2:57
Jesfa

That's what I mean. NPC's start with more skill points than a PC, and don't have to put anything in skills such as leadership or piloting. Especially military npc's but also non military ones, now have the ability to be super soldiers. Unfortunately, PC's won't stand a chance come combat in that sort of environment.

We have 0 way of knowing precisely how PC v NPC combat is going to work in terms of PC bonuses, or anything of that nature. That being said, NPCs are identical to players now in terms of their leveling system, they don't start off with xX Heavy Weapons any longer.

LoraxSig3copy.png
Year 12 Day 345 4:54
Uh, NPCs have the same number, not more of skills. And as I said, they have their skills assigned much like PCs. So they have the same 18,14,8,4,whatever skill points assigned. So no advantage there.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 12 Day 345 5:04
They already removed those skill points again for combat NPCs, presumably they'll do the same with the other types at some point. 
Umm, no they didn't

When the Galaxy is reduced to a single candle in the midst of darkness...

Ah\'m the one holding the water cannon
Year 12 Day 345 5:08
Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl

..okay, maybe they haven't.

Year 12 Day 345 12:49
I think they did for Builders, at least

Year 12 Day 348 23:04
They also did that for Non-Projectile Combatants. The bext I have is 6 unused skill points.

-- Darryl Dawkins
Year 12 Day 349 3:40
Just checked, and only mah builders have had their SPs reduced, all others (including mah medic, ship greeter and custom) have boosted SPs, and all mah combatants are Non-Projectile (either UB or MCT)

Year 12 Day 349 17:33
Akela Galney

I'm a little confused. Am I reading correctly that, when we hire an NPC, we have to assign their skill points as we would if we made a new character? If that is the case, then what is the difference between hiring a riflemen and a medic? Or did I miss something about the skill sets?

Year 12 Day 349 19:50
NPCs will have a few bonus and unassigned skill points, from 1 to 6 (from my experience). All the rest have been assigned, from 0 to 3.

KM

-- Darryl Dawkins
Year 12 Day 350 15:56
Akela Galney

Thanks for clearing that up.

Year 12 Day 350 17:54
Each NPC class will have a skill set assigned to them based on their type. ie riflemen will have a projectile skill of 4 I believe, but only a few points in vehicle/starship piloting (mainly because they have points to be assigned there), while say a R&D engineer will have lots of R&D skills but not much projectile weapon skills.

Ellias_sig6.png
Page 1 2 3