Year

Day

Time

18:22:46

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 12 Day 354 23:29
OK, I'm having an NPC fitout problem:

I was able to create a set of unique fitouts for my squad of NPCs (thanks to the help of the excellent directions in the Forum), and was able to have them pick up a good deal of gear (helmets, armor, weapons, and so on) with no trouble at all. This was using a uniquely named fitout for each NPC, of course, each fitout based on their individual names.

I recently wanted to add some new gear to these NPCs, so I modified their fitouts. But when I tried to have them pick up the gear on the square they were on, I got the following message:

An error occured: Invalid array supplied to entityNamesToIDs, unable to convert names for that entity type 

(written exactly this way).

So, I thought maybe they needed to have the tags removed and reapplied, which I did, but no luck.

I then brought them singly into my Party, and tried again, but no luck.

Then, I deleted all the fitouts, and created brand new ones, while assigning just the gear I wanted them to pick up. I had them drop their old gear (which they did just fine), but when I tasked them to pick up the new gear, again, that same error message.

What do I need to do differently?

As an aside, I noticed that the rules on Scanning suggest that NPCs should be able to see as far on the ground as a PC, based on their Perception skill:

Characters, NPCs, Droids: Perception Skill + 1 

(from http://www.swcombine.com/rules/?Scanning)

Do the NPCs need to be equipped with one of the three scanner types, and you the PC need to also have a scanning pack as well, in order to see what they see?

Thanks for your help!

KM

"When all is said and done, there's nothing left to say or do."

-- Darryl Dawkins
Year 12 Day 355 8:19
Yes to the scanner question, as to the fitouts, it sounds like a bug, would help if you tried to equip them one by one and see which NPC is causing the problem, and give their ID so an asim can look into it.

Year 12 Day 355 15:49
Thanks for the answer, Mikel. I'll try that next time I'm with the squad.

KM

-- Darryl Dawkins
Year 12 Day 355 16:22
Derrik Thynite

I've had the same error whilst equipping outside (only yesterday in fact) and my fix to it was to go aboard a ship/facility/vehicle and do it there. Worked perfectly.

Year 12 Day 355 16:38
Interesting. I'll try that also. Thanks, Derrik.

I wonder why the onboard request would have a different result than on the ground?

Hmmm...

-- Darryl Dawkins
Year 12 Day 355 22:13
Laz Uli

I'm getting that exact message regarding on planet facility construction. Can't do that from inside a ship.

FactionSigLaz_zps7ae2d329-1_zps420b30d2.png?t=1367273068
Year 12 Day 356 7:14
Thanks, Laz.

Haven't been back home yet, so I haven't been able to test it onboard the ship. But, I do think I tried it with two different NPCs, singly, on my ship, after the initial error.

I'll make sure and do a further test later today.

KM

-- Darryl Dawkins
Year 12 Day 356 22:10
Finally made it back to my squad. And sure enough, by taking them off the surface of the planet, and into my ship, all the fitouts worked just fine.

The error must be in trying to use the fitouts on the surface.

Oh -- you'll like this one. When trying to create one more fitout, I tried to double click a weapon and add it to the primary slot, then did it again before anything had appeared. I got this wonderful little message:

"deadlock found when trying to get lock; try restarting transaction => UPDATE npc SET equipStatus = 0 WHERE npcID (SELECT childID FROM entityLinks WHERE parentType = 28 AND parentID = 125880 AND childType = 10)"

... which apparently is computereeze for "slow down and try it again, dummy."

Which I did, and the fitout worrked just fine.

If anyone else gets the initial message (in the OP), just try assigning the fitouts in your ship, and it should work OK. Might work OK in a building, too, but I haven't tried that yet.

KM

-- Darryl Dawkins
Year 12 Day 362 9:11
Laz Uli

I don't know of a way to build from inside a ship. But after switching multiple things up over the course of however long this took the bug finally evaporated today. Though I don't think I did anything different.

FactionSigLaz_zps7ae2d329-1_zps420b30d2.png?t=1367273068
Year 12 Day 362 10:30
I think it's pretty obvious that any mySQL error messages that prevent you from playing the game should be filed as a bug report and not buried in the questions forum.

Year 12 Day 363 17:52
I would love to do that, Mikel.

But finding the proper area to file a bug report, at least for new players, is not exactly the most "obvious" thing to locate.

Point me to it, and I'll do just that.

KM

-- Darryl Dawkins
Year 12 Day 364 3:23
"Report Bug", at the bottom of every right hand side menu.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 12 Day 364 9:08
Or a wild stab in the dark at a URL of bugs.swcombine.com >_>

Year 12 Day 364 12:17
Wild stab taken.

And I'm pleased to see this thread wasn't too buried. (:^D)

KM

-- Darryl Dawkins
Year 12 Day 364 19:55
Well...

After three times trying to submit the bug report, each time I got -- yes, yes! -- an Error!

"APPLICATION ERROR #2800 - Invalid form security token. Did you submit the form twice by accident?"

And no, I hadn't submitted it twice, not the first time, at least.

So, joy of joys, I'm going to go back in and submit an Error report for the Bug!

Yippee!!

KM

-- Darryl Dawkins