286 are online

Year

Day

Time

12:37:26

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Why has this person not been banned for harassment.
In the thread "Dissolves a mouse' in General Talk forum.

Mr Arthur von Minos. called me a moron in a OOC.Forum. so he meant it as a personal affront towards me, and may I add it was a unprovoked attack towards me.

Calling someone a Moron in OOC.Forum is brakeing of the rules and harassment, and i hope it will be dealt with soon

thank you for your time.

Photobucket
It's no secret that you need a thick skin when playing this game, in any forum. Calling someone a moron is not harrassment. Quit being silly and press on.

Plus, its obvious you want to get more attention for yourself by posting here and don't really care about the insults. Pretty much everyone knows by know that if you feel you are being harrased in such a way you contact the ASims directly, rather than making threads.

Ellias_sig6.png
Shuji Shizuka

Or, she felt that posting a thread here for everyone to see, given that private talks with the asims frequently break down.

This user is currently in the process of moving, and so is semi-inactive.
not commenting on this specific case but I do think it is a sad day when people are starting to say things like that people need to have a thick skin to be able to play this game and to accept certain type of language, sad day indeed.

horbanner.gif
"It's no secret that you need a thick skin when playing this game, in any forum. Calling someone a moron is not harassment. Quit being silly and press on"

Yes it is harassment,and trying to intimidate someone is also harassment Mr Elijah Shoryyhn.

"Plus, its obvious you want to get more attention for yourself by posting here and don't really care about the insults. Pretty much everyone knows by know that if you feel you are being harrased in such a way you contact the ASims directly, rather than making threads."

Well Mr Ellias Aubec we Differ on our opinions I do thing this is a inappropriate place and time for this type of stuff. if i would have contact the ASims directly they would have try to ignore the issue and they would hope that I would've got over it in time.

Mr Arthur von Minos called me a derogatory term in a OOc.thread and his comment was not solicited or reciprocated to Him. He was harassing me and should be dealt with soon

Ps. "^You got off lightly. I've said worse to people (Karl Korne can testify to this :P )."
quote Mr Arthur von Minos

now Mr Arthur von Minos is threatening me. which is a another violation of the rules of this game.

From his own admission he has harassed other players in the past. and I like to know why he is not been banned for this.

And now we have someone else harassing me in the thread
Arlo Parkers said "Mors, you're a moron.'

Edited By: Mors Arabum on Year 13 Day 45 8:51

Photobucket
a) harassment means you are repeatedly mocked, called names etc. This was a single instance, thus it's not harassment

b) in what way is "you got off lightly" a threat?

c) this is the internet. If you start crying once someone calls you a name, you should log off and talk to your friends offline (unless there are people IRL that call other people names as well, in which case we'd better all ban ourselves from everything)

I seriously don't see your problem here. Do you always call the cops IRL if someone calls you something bad? Besides, you called the Pepsi lawyers morons yourself in that same thread, would you want us to contact them about this to see whether they'd want to do anything about it?

Shuji Shizuka

Actually, there are three instances in a single post in which he does this.

$
blablabullshit

- Mors Arabum

Congratulations on entirely ignoring the point and being a moron.

No-one said the mouse will be 100% dissolved after 72 days. In fact, the conclusion they came to was that the mouse will be partially dissolved after 72 days - or rather way more dissolved than the obviously dry mouse the guy mailed them as his "evidence".

Now I'll post an image that reminds me of you and your conspiraloon rantings:

its-a-conspiracy.jpg

- $Arthur Von Minos

So, there's multiple in that post alone.

The fact that this is the internet is no excuse for people to be jerks to one another. I appreciate that there's little/no accountability, but really, this is just silly.

I also have to agree that the idea of "just needing thick skin" is a poor one. That's akin to a child telling his teacher that he's being bullied, and instead of dealing with the bullies, telling the child that he should just try to ignore it when they beat him up.

This user is currently in the process of moving, and so is semi-inactive.
Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl

No, it's like a child being called a poo face by another child a few times and being told to deal with it. Or is internet name-calling the equivalent of physically assaulting someone?

The only silly thing here is that there are people taking this complaint seriously.

An online game like star wars combine should almost certainly foster an environment where its staff and players can expect to be treated with respect without experiencing intimidation, aggression or victimization.

The conduct of Mr Arthur von Minos and others, smacks of harassment and bullying. Such behavior is not only unacceptable in an online game , but it can be judged to be discriminatory, therefore unlawful.

In other online games they take all such incidents seriously, which means it could provide grounds for disciplinary action against the offender that could lead to his or her banned from the game.

Mr Togan Jano Harassment and now bullying, can take many forms, often involving the abuse of power or position and may be a single event, a series of intermittent events or a continuing process. and sadly your last statement would fall under these rules too .

Both harassment and bullying refer to behavior which, deliberately or otherwise, is hostile and/or offensive to the recipient and Mr Arthur von Minos did this when he posted in the thread.

Harassment or bullying may involve apparently insignificant acts such as derogatory name calling that creates a environment undermining my dignity as concerned. ( I.E Mr Arlo Parkers saying "Mors, you're a moron.')

Any behavior that results in a player feeling unsafe, frightened or in is case "embarrassed', whether expressed verbally or non-verbally through traditional or electronic communications are forms of harassment or bullying.

the behavior that is unwanted by the recipient and is unwarranted by the player(I.E. me) the relationship would be construed as harassment or bullying by most organizations, except this one. Why would that be?

in my case, I clearly feel that I am being harassed and bullied and I do not have to tolerate it.

You see I would approach the person responsible directly and make it clear to them that their actions or comments are unwanted and offensive and that I wish them to stop. But we all know that would be a wast of my time. with Mr Arthur von Minos and many in this game.

And I would ask ASims or any other senior member of staff of the game to intervene on my behalf but the informal game processes do not address grievance like this as they may have in the past.

Edited By: Mors Arabum on Year 13 Day 45 11:43

Photobucket
Tyr, I think you'll live. Of course everyone should be respectful and polite online just as they are offline. Does that really happen? Not always. That should not be construed as justification but simply as a fact of life. Just like when you find out things aren't fair in life, it's upsetting, but it's something you must accept in our imperfect world.

If this complaint had any real legitimacy then I'm absolutely certain the administration team would be all over it. That's simply not the case in this situation, and everyone would do well to ignore this desperate grab for attention.

"If this complaint had any real legitimacy then I'm absolutely certain the administration team would be all over it. That's simply not the case in this situation, and everyone would do well to ignore this desperate grab for attention."

I am sorry you feel that way Mr Elijah Shoryyhn because it is legitimate, and should be dealt with. Mr Arthur von Minos assaulted, and embarrassed me, with his statement.

Now Mr Elijah Shoryyhn I have shown proof of the harassment, others have shown proof of the harassment and now we have bullying, now the reason the ASims are not doing anything about a player being harasst, bully, and threaten is their business. but I believe they are hopeing it will all go way, But it will not go way because they have rules and Mr Arthur von Minos broke the games rules and all I want is the ASims to uphold the game rules, and if theycan not do that then explain why?

Photobucket
Jesfa

There are likely several reasons why nothing has been done.

1. Simply saying "why has this person not been banned yet", implies that it's our fault you haven't previously brought this up.

2. While the thick-skin comment isn't exactly accurate, the fact is that moron is hardly even remotely over the PG-13 limit.

3. How is him calling you an idiot harassment?

4. You've pretty much laid your own bed. Players tend to dislike trolls, spammers, and other annoying people, so "Wah! Someone doesn't like me!" is hardly a convincing argument to have someone banned.

Closing this thread now because this could have been handled in private, if at all. Feel free to contact support.

Edit - Would be helpful if Jesfa pointed people in the right direction.

Edited By: Jenos Idanian on Year 13 Day 45 16:47

LoraxSig3copy.png