Time

18:09:50

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » creature combat and weapons question
Page 1 2
Dash Dysar

so I know that creatures are gone until they respawn for now, but under normal circumstances...

how does one fight creatures, or rather, what does one fight creatures WITH?
I ask because I've looked at the rules, which say one must have a weapon. but I've looked at the weapons list, and pretty much all of them have X's by them. are there no weapons that we can use?

sorry if this is a dumb question. I've looked at the rules and couldn't find an answer. and this is a topic i'm not familiar with, since I've never dealt with creature combat or weapons.

Tabty Haasza

Those are the weapons you buy / use.

They do have Xs near them, but they have been implemented for creature combat.

Hope this helps.

Tabty Haasza || CEO / Owner || Akheton Corporation

tabty_haasza_cit.png
A long, long, LONG time ago, at least a few months, one of the ASims put up a list of weapons and their damage and max/min hits and stuff.

Now, even though none of the weapons are implemented in the rules pages, doesn't mean you can't use them. I may be wrong, but I believe all weapons can be used against creatures. Each has a maximum/minimum hit, and damage that can be done with each hit.

You just have to be in the same square as them for melee weapons, or a certain number of squares away from them with ranged weapons. Then you get combat!

How many blasters would a blaster blast if a blaster could blast blasters?
Has unarmed combat been implemented yet? When ah went hunting some months ago (or whenever Beastie Bashing started) you could not fight if you didn't have a weapon (which was great if you just wanted the extra hits you brought along an unarmed NPC)

Jesfa

Hover over the weapons stats in the rules page and you'll see the weapons stats. It's ugly, but you can see them that way.

LoraxSig3copy.png
Dash Dysar

so it seems we can fight creatures with weapons then.

Edited By: Dash Dysar on Year 13 Day 65 8:36
Kendall Holm

Yes ... for a while now

SWC3dsUser.png
Dash Dysar

cool cool. one more quick question: can creatures kill you? or do they just harm you?

Ka`rla Leakey

Last time I shot a creature it panicked and ran away. I believe all of them react the same way for now (but maybe not by the end of the dev meeting).

Kendall Holm

No they dont fight back right now

SWC3dsUser.png
Thankfully.

Shuji Shizuka

On that note. Rancor hunting on Dathomir. Be there or be square.

This user is currently in the process of moving, and so is semi-inactive.
Dash Dysar

so the whole 'aggression level and likeliness to attack' thing isn't accurate for now?

Kendall Holm

More like non-existent

SWC3dsUser.png
Dash Dysar

ah, gotcha.
thanks for the clarification :D

Edited By: Dash Dysar on Year 13 Day 65 18:48
A long, long, LONG time ago, at least a few months, one of the ASims put up a list of weapons and their damage and max/min hits and stuff.

- Dunta Star

I believe this is what you were referring to... Weapons Stats

Killing creatures is a blast! (no pun intended) I spent a whole day killing off herds of Physalis Berry-Monster. Yes, I was lucky enough to find a few herds in one city. By the end of the night, I cleared at least 550 XP. That's comparable to a hyper trip that could take days!

By the way, I used the BlasTech Industries BT 500. Never jammed, excellent accuracy, and easy to use. Just aim and squeeze the trigger!

91U9jGF.gif
WmHI3fW.png
Cool. It looks like the link I was talking about, but with the whole 404 error thing, it's hard to tell. Reminds me of a lot of things, actually.

But it sounds to me like after the Dev meeting, there's a possibility of different creature behaviors being put in. Perhaps not attacking, but maybe run away/stay and 'fight' kind of thing. But then, that's speculation.

http://www.swcombine.com/~sin/combat/weapons.php

Try that.

91U9jGF.gif
WmHI3fW.png
Derrik Thynite

Jax, you should know better than to advertise.

Jesfa

Erm, I believe they do fight back if you're within their range. That said I think creatures only have same square range. I could be wrong however, but I seem to remember them being able to bite you.

LoraxSig3copy.png
Page 1 2