07:58:00

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Bandit race (i.e species)
Year 13 Day 75 2:43
Kuro Neko

Do bandits spawn with random races?

Are they supposed to spawn with any race, restricted or not? If unrestricted, then I guess we will see stormtrooper bandits, Boromoor monk bandits and even Yoda race bandits!

I made a bugbase report, in case its a bug.

Edited By: Kuro Neko on Year 13 Day 75 3:41

RSani002.gif
There is no god but Ara... All will walk his path...
The Faithful of Ara <--- (Warning: music link)
Year 13 Day 75 3:58
Stormtroopers aren't a race, they are human NPCs outfitted in restricted tech armour and further restricted to being only hirable on GE planets (or something like that), so yeah, if you encountered any it would have to have been a bug (really doubt you would have any rogue Troopers {not unless they were Chiss with wicked mohawks and talking guns/helms/backpacks [would totally re-spawn as a Chiss if that were possible...]})

Year 13 Day 75 10:01
http://dev.swcombine.net/rules/?Races&ID=59

Tis a restricted Race (Won't appear in the Rules).

Proof. Game, Set, Match.

syngav.png
Year 13 Day 75 10:10
Kuro Neko

Having seen, and shot at, a Stormtrooper bandit, I expect we'll also be seeing these as bandits too: http://dev.swcombine.net/rules/?Races&ID=55

(I actually had one of the Yoda race as a NPC builder, until he was removed from me, so I know they can exist in SWC as NPCs.)

RSani002.gif
Year 13 Day 77 2:55
Eshaar Gnor

Just killed 2 of the Boromoor Monk Bandits so I am guessing that any race could be spawned

Year 13 Day 77 7:21
Ben Camden

Stormtroopers are not a race, they are a military NPC type, same as e.g. a rifleman (though I believe they were meant to be hire-able only by the Empire).
They used to be a race, but it was changed a while ago.

gold1.gifRGC-3.pnggold2.gif
Senior Governor Ben Camden
Regional Government
Year 13 Day 77 11:05
Alven Ceres

I just cut in half a yoda race bandit, so yeah, all races are spawning.

Year 13 Day 77 17:48
I suspect that someone should make a bug report then about disabled races spawning as bandits.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 13 Day 77 17:49
Shouldn't be too hard to get it to use the same system as the NPC hiring script, I should think.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 13 Day 78 0:15
Kuro Neko

I suspect that someone should make a bug report then about disabled races
spawning as bandits.

- Ellias Aubec

I did a few days ago, when I saw the Stormtrooper bandit.
http://bugs.swcombine.com/view.php?id=1593

Response: "Quite a bunch of bad guys you stirred up there. Though, the races don't strike me as a bug. Diversity FTW."

RSani002.gif
Year 13 Day 78 1:51
Lets all arrest the Yoda races, and keep them locked up.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 13 Day 80 19:44
The idea of a well armed and armored and trained Stormtrooper no longer wanting to fight for the empire and go living AWOL in a life of banditry makes sense.
Monks? not so much. Nor Yodas.

Year 13 Day 81 17:55
Derrik Thynite

I've almost killed a Yoda and a stormie is next.

Year 13 Day 81 20:06
Since the monks are basically just a brian in a jar, it's possible their circuitry has been fragged or possibly overridden and been turned into a form of cyborg (can use that as an IC reason for them 'going rogue')

As for the Yodas, what do we know about them? Sweet Eff All. There are only 2 known members of the race who just happened to be Jedi, we don't even know their correct racial name (unless 'Yoda' really is the racial name, which does happen, possibly when 'Yoda' was first discovered he said "Yoda am I" and everyone just assumed that was his name), do we even know if that speach pattern was just an abnormality/quirk with him or if Yaddle/rest of the Yodas speaks that way as well?

Year 13 Day 81 22:39
Ku`Bakai Roche

From what has been released Yaddle talked much like Yoda did. So the speech pattern could be cultural.

KUranktagsig.gif