Day

Time

05:26:47

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Ground combat: NPC types?
Year 13 Day 77 1:44
This is just a question I was wondering about; Can non military NPCs participate in combat? Example; can an expert box-stacker or conversational NPC fight bandits?

Also: Can droids participate in combat with weapons? Eg: Light blasters on a battle droid.

Thanks- Trassk

Year 13 Day 77 2:31
Droids: yes

Non-combat NPCs: yes, at the moment. Of course their weapon skills will be terrible so they won't be that good. Whether at a later stage they will be restricted or not, I don't know. SO probably best not to base any tactics around being able to use them, at least in the long run.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 13 Day 77 17:47
Ellias, I thought they turned droids off during the Dev meeting for being overpowered in combat?

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 13 Day 77 21:10
Well, remember Jesfa posted a screen shot of him and a part of droids in combat, with the droids being destroyed. Plus Zhao's Sim News about destroyed droids not being replaced.

If they did disable them beforehand, its likely they allowed them back again as they can get damaged, and repairing droids is harder than letting an NPC heal up naturally.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 13 Day 77 22:02
Jesfa

They're still on for now, droid stats will have to be redone in the near-ish future though since right now they pack a ridiculous punch.

LoraxSig3copy.png
Year 13 Day 77 22:05
Ah, I see the problem... when did Light Blasters get their range zeroed out?

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 13 Day 77 22:23
I'd say either their hull needs to be looked at, or the way infantry weapons do damage to them as well. Droids typically have hull around 10 or so, less for the non-military ones. This is significantly less than any NPC if they are treated the same way for how damage is calculated.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 13 Day 78 0:27
Thanks for helping everyone, this was much more information than I expected to get!

Year 13 Day 78 4:02
Jesfa

Iirc, Weapons do far too much damage, and some droids take entirely too many hits before dying. Weapon rages seem to have gone fubar at some point as well.

LoraxSig3copy.png