Day

Time

02:53:53

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Page 1 2
Year 13 Day 77 23:48
This is a question for the development team and their weapon intentions -

Will the capability/functionality of dual-wielding ever be added into the game?

I know we currently have Primary & Secondary (and people have said that was intended for short distance & long distance) and the Short lightsabers speaks to dual-wielding but will that functionality ever be there?

Year 13 Day 78 8:19
Kendall Holm

We were taling about this the other day ... I do believe Jenos duel Wielded two guns and it worked

SWC3dsUser.png
Year 13 Day 78 15:10
Was that Dev server or on here? That is, if I were to attack something with dual-wielded Vibroblades would both Vibroblades have the chance to proc?

Year 13 Day 78 16:57
Kendall Holm

It was on the main server ... we were all arguing that you couldnt duel wield and Jenos proved us wrong

SWC3dsUser.png
Year 13 Day 78 18:56
Was that Dev server or on here? That is, if I were to attack something with dual-wielded Vibroblades would both Vibroblades have the chance to proc? 

No, only one weapon can proc in one attack. From my observations it's only been the primary weapon, which I believe is how it is currently coded, but I suppose it could be randomly selecting one and just keeps selecting my primary. Either way it is definitely not attempting to proc more than one weapon when you have both equipped.

swcforumsig

Year 13 Day 78 19:08
From the screen shots, it appears the weapon that is within range gets used (even if in secondary hand, unless they are listed alphabetically), if you have 2 weapons that are within range limits then it's random?

Year 13 Day 78 19:56
No, only one weapon can proc in one attack. From my observations it's only been the primary weapon, which I believe is how it is currently coded, but I suppose it could be randomly selecting one and just keeps selecting my primary. Either way it is definitely not attempting to proc more than one weapon when you have both equipped.

- Syn

Ah, okay. I wonder why dual pistols proc'd for Jenos then - perhaps he could comment.

I just don't want to walk around with dual-wields like an idiot and have it be impossible. Alternatively, I don't want to give up on dual-wielding and find out down the road that it was possible the entire time.

Year 13 Day 78 20:28
Kendall Holm

20:12:20] %Jenos if both weapons are within range, you can use them both
[20:12:39] @KendallHolm I think room is range 1
[20:12:44] @Var Hm... so if I had 2 rocket launchers equip I can use them both?
[20:12:48] %Jenos 2 bryar pistols, got 6 shots off
[20:13:00] %Jenos bryars are between 1 and 5 shots

Edited By: Kendall Holm on Year 13 Day 78 20:29

SWC3dsUser.png
Year 13 Day 79 3:00
Good to know semi-definitively that it's possible then. Thanks Kendall!

Year 13 Day 79 11:39
if you have 2 weapons that are within range limits then it's random? 

When I was testing with a vibroblade in primary and sword in secondary it was always using the vibroblade.

Someone ought to glance at the code to determine this for sure, and, you know, put a rules page together. :p

Edit: Also worth noting that the bandits only appear to use one weapon at a time, even when multiple weapons are in range -- it displays after the combat action which of their weapons was selected, and even if your range doesn't change, sometimes their active weapon will. I have no idea if it's supposed to be coded the same way as players, but that's just one more reason we need a rules page.

Edited By: Syn on Year 13 Day 79 11:41

swcforumsig

Year 13 Day 79 11:56
When I was testing with a vibroblade in primary and sword in secondary it was always using the vibroblade.

Someone ought to glance at the code to determine this for sure, and, you know, put a rules page together. :p

Edit: Also worth noting that the bandits only appear to use one weapon at a time, even when multiple weapons are in range -- it displays after the combat action which of their weapons was selected, and even if your range doesn't change, sometimes their active weapon will. I have no idea if it's supposed to be coded the same way as players, but that's just one more reason we need a rules page.

- Syn

I'd love someone to confirm via game code. As I said, knowing 100% is really my goal. I've had some people testing this after Kendall's post and if different weapons are used, the dual-wielding doesn't proc.

I did notice though that Jenos used two of the same weapon - I'm curious if that somehow causes a bug which allows dual-wielding?

Edit -
From my experience when carrying 2 different weapons. If they are both in range to be usable the one with the higher possible damage fires by default.

- Jay Ceveri

Edited By: Ankha Natanaele on Year 13 Day 79 12:08
Year 13 Day 79 14:15
Hm, that could be a good point. Might require two of the same weapon. It does seem to be randomly selecting one today, so I likely just had an odd string of vibroblade hits the other day. If NPC outfitting weren't such a pain in the ass I'd swipe an NPC's vibroblade and try it out s'more.

swcforumsig

Year 13 Day 79 15:05
All of my NPCs are identically armed - relbys and bowcasters - and they seem each fire whatever they feel like at the time. Typically it looks like about 8 fire relbys and 4 fire bowcasters, but it's not constant. So I have no idea how it selects weapon.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 13 Day 79 22:17
Oh coders... does said code exist?

Year 13 Day 80 1:51
Jesfa

The Primary and Secondary slots are only meant to give 2 options.

Neither one really matters which weapon you have equipped in which. Essentially, if I have a Nighstinger in my secondary and a Combat Knife in my primary, or vice versa, I'll switch to whichever is usable in the range of which I'm attacking. If I have 2 weapons, such as the E-11, and the E-11 Trooper Blaster, which I assume have the same range, the code will autograb whichever one would statiscally do more damage overall and use that one. So in some/many cases, I imagine certain pistols will never see use if a rifle covers it's scope of range.

LoraxSig3copy.png
Year 13 Day 80 3:22
So .. that confirms that even if both weapons are identical, still only one fires, ya?

swcforumsig

Year 13 Day 80 3:40
Jesfa

Yes.

Been checking it the last few hours to double check, not sure how Jenos fired more, either his eyes played tricks or a bug, but dual wielding isn't possible atm.

LoraxSig3copy.png
Year 13 Day 80 8:19
It is possible to dual wield two short bladed lightsabres isn't it? Or do they count as one slot using two hands leaving secondary free?

You are entering the vicinity of an area adjacent to a location. The kind of place where there might be a monster, or some kind of weird mirror. These are just examples; it could also be something much better. Prepare to enter: The Scary Door.
Year 13 Day 80 15:16
Thanks for the confirmation Jefsa. I'm curious if Jenos is experiencing a bug then. Regarding dual-wield capability, will that be added at any point/is it being looked into?

Year 13 Day 80 23:25
Jesfa

No idea to either question, but I fear for all your safety when Rancors/Krayts/Space Slugs begin dual wielding their attacks >_>

LoraxSig3copy.png
Page 1 2