313 are online

Year

Day

Time

13:08:01

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 13 Day 92 6:54
Quick question, what's the function of the five huge grey rings on the galactic map that go around the edge? Are these supposed to be measurements of distance or a scale value? Do they determine an area or something?

You are entering the vicinity of an area adjacent to a location. The kind of place where there might be a monster, or some kind of weird mirror. These are just examples; it could also be something much better. Prepare to enter: The Scary Door.
Year 13 Day 92 7:21
Kendall Holm

More of Zones I do believe, similar to the lines you see when looking at a map of the Milky-way

SWC3dsUser.png
Year 13 Day 92 7:45
Possibly they were there in the original map to better show that the sectors were within a galaxy. They have since changed the background picture and we've had the update of the sectors.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 13 Day 92 13:20
Dragomir Kies

Thats a canon mark I believe, in canon alot can be told about the system by its distance from the center of the Galaxy. From this view comes classification of various regions of space such as rims: inner, mid or outer ( and Expansion region between Mid and Outer rims)

Year 13 Day 92 21:12
They aren't markers of the various regions. Those are perfect rings, and the markers between the regions are wavy lines. If you look carefully at the sectors, you can see the decisions between the regions. Go to wookieepedia for help if you need it.

I don't know what the rings are however.

Sir Jared Waymen B.F.
Tresario Star Kingdom

JaredSig1.png
Year 13 Day 93 15:41
Jesfa

The rings, as well as the insanely useful grid lines, are on the image Ryan made for the galaxy map. I'm not sure what they symbolize, but the lines are insanely useful for me.

LoraxSig3copy.png