Day

Time

16:33:17

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Heavy weapon deploy and NPCs
Year 13 Day 121 1:33
I just tried to engage some bandits with a squad equippend with some heavy pweapons and noticed the NPC just stood there ducking instead of firing as a consequence of the new deploy feature.

Question is, will he deploy the weapons automatically or is there a way to make him do so before engaging?

Will the weapon have to be retrieved before leaving too?

Best regards

sig-TAR.gif

VIRTUTE SIDERUM TENUS - (With Valour Towards The Stars)
Year 13 Day 121 7:55
Using these fixed weapons hasn't been fully dealt with yet. Likely the NPC will setup the weapon, but there may be a timer either before or after before you can move etc.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 13 Day 121 8:24
Right now NPC is not doing anything, so I guess until it's fixed it's better to switch to lighter weaponry.

It would be good to synch when it's all dealt with, otherwise some equipment become unusable during the interim time.

Best regards

sig-TAR.gif

Year 13 Day 131 1:34
News about this?
I have a couple of heavy weapons in squad and can't get them to fire. A CVI Rotating Heavy Cannon and C4-CZN.

Best regards

sig-TAR.gif

Year 13 Day 131 11:16
We promise we'll let you know.

Year 13 Day 223 10:05
Nah Olos

Don't mean to necro this, but I was wondering if this has ever been fixed, and maybe there's a procedure to deploying for NPCs that I'm not aware of?

"LEON!!!"
Year 13 Day 230 11:08
Shobba Pau

I equipped and deployed a CVI Rotating Heavy Cannon...it took 30 min to deploy but when I attacked the bandits.. I just stood there. So yeah..not implemented fully yet.

photo avnew1.png
Six Stars is not enough...
Year 13 Day 230 17:09
Dan Hakim

CVI worked for me, deploy first, once deployed you use it, doesn't fire automatically after deployment.

DukhaBanrHRZNTL_zps08e5f7a7.png
Year 13 Day 230 17:55
Shobba, were you actually in range to use the CVI?

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 13 Day 231 8:25
Nah Olos

Dan, did you deploy the cannon, or did you have your NPC deploy it?

If it was your NPC, or if you Deployed it and gave it to your NPC, can you take me through a step-by-step.

I'm wondering if I have to equip something... deploy it... unequip it, and then have my NPC pick it up in a fitout. Just not too sure.

"LEON!!!"
Year 13 Day 245 2:05
My NPC is still not using the deployable weapons and I have no command to make them deploy it.

In a fight with a full squad of bandits that will last for some turns I can see the use of such weapons even if I'm wasting a turn setting it up.

I'm not 100% sure but it seemed to me that some bandits were able to fire at me with a deployable heavy weapon. Can't confirm as the NPC died after the first volley.

Best regards

sig-TAR.gif

Year 13 Day 245 4:25
Jesfa

NPCs are currently not able to deploy heavy weapons. In the future the intention is to allow just the party leader of a squad to be able to deploy them, but that may change.

As it is right now, PCs alone may use Heavy Weapons.

LoraxSig3copy.png
Year 13 Day 246 0:19
So, if I understand correctly, you're saying that in the future, Heavy Weapons will be useable by NPCs, but only after the PC leader of that squad gives the proper command to deploy the weapons?

Does that mean NPCs with heavy weapons can't return fire, if the weapons are not deployed?

Does that also mean that deploying weapons may take additional time? And that Heavy Weapons can't be deployed if the NPCs are moving?

if the answer is yes to any of these questions, I think the value of Heavy Weapons NPCs just dropped to the floor.

C5Lgr5m.pngWOMN3M5.jpghlx72UM.png

Year 13 Day 246 7:41
if the answer is yes to any of these questions, I think the value of Heavy Weapons NPCs just dropped to the floor.  

Or the value of rocket launchers (which don't need to deploy) just shot through the roof.

MeshSig1
jtnrs7.png