184 are online

Year

Day

Time

00:17:58

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » What's wrong with my Horizon?
Year 13 Day 159 3:12
I recently entered my Horizon Star Yacht for the first time and found that its missing its docking/hanger bay room, and I can't travel through rooms for some reason (its not locked doors, that's actually not working in the Horizon either). Is this a bug or is the interior layout of the ship not done yet?

chg5r2u
avh9otl
ban57nu
Year 13 Day 159 3:25
Last time I checked, it's a known problem (the interior layout isn't done yet), due to the tool that allows asims to create roommaps not working.

Year 13 Day 159 3:27
Okay, so that just means that I should avoid docking things inside the Horizon until the rooms actually exist.

chg5r2u
avh9otl
ban57nu
Year 13 Day 159 21:39
Figured I'd add my question to this thread...
Are the Horizon cockpits accessible? In other words, are they able to be flown? Thanks.

91U9jGF.gif
WmHI3fW.png
Year 13 Day 159 22:58
There are three rooms in total, but you can't move to them, but the entrance is also a cockpit.

Benedicta Per Gratiam Jou
MeandMine.png
--> Lvl 5 FI Operator - Free Service <--

Year 13 Day 159 23:40
I can confirm as well that you have access to the cockpit and entrance/exit as they're in the same room, there are two normal rooms to the south that you can't enter and the locks system doesn't work.

I wouldn't advise trying to dock any vehicles or ships in the Horizon for now until the interior is complete and you can access the bays. As a person who has basic video game programming skills, I can easily speculate that trying to dock into a non-existant room will cause some bugs and problems, if the server even allows things to be docked in it that is...

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I was able to access the Horizon's cockpit and move the Horizon into a docking bay.

Edited By: Joseph Starskimmer on Year 13 Day 159 23:42

chg5r2u
avh9otl
ban57nu
Year 13 Day 160 0:07
Excellent. Thanks you two! ;)

91U9jGF.gif
WmHI3fW.png
Year 13 Day 160 0:09
No problem Sir Starblade. We all know the Horizon is worth the wait. (^_^)

chg5r2u
avh9otl
ban57nu
Year 13 Day 160 7:07
We're missing the tool to create room maps.

I've asked, as well as Arjuna for a tool to be created so the room maps can be completed.

Please be patient, as it's a recurring problem with ALL new CP Ships. This will be fixed soon we hope.

syngav.png
Year 13 Day 160 15:00
No worries Gav. Thanks!

91U9jGF.gif
WmHI3fW.png
Year 13 Day 162 21:05
I was able to dock a ship into a Adz wuth the same one room issue with no problems. And pilot/undock as well.

Year 13 Day 162 21:13
Brand Malden

Lucky, someone tried docking something into a horizon and got trapped.. so don't try it with the horizon too.

r2u7mg.jpg
Year 13 Day 162 21:52
Hopefully the Admins will post a Sim news when the rooms are done and its safe to dock stuff.

chg5r2u
avh9otl
ban57nu
Year 13 Day 163 6:48
You have my word. Pretty much because I wants too!

syngav.png
Year 13 Day 189 12:33
Rrah Lowurra

I'm not exactly sure how the work has been progressing in regard to repairing the room situation, but I myself have experienced no problems using my Horizon with the existing features which do work. It is possible to board directly into the cockpit as well as loading items and NPCs directly through the use of commands.

I suppose nobody has noticed, judging by the posts I've read here, but there is no reason to manually dock anything. The Horizon is equipped with a tractor beam, which means that as long as you own or are assigned everything, small ships and vehicles can be tractored-in from the cockpit. Likewise, ships and vehicles can be unloaded from the cockpit as well. There's really no reason to even be physically in the hangar or docking bays in order to use them.

Year 13 Day 189 13:30
We have the tool.. and I've added a couple of room maps to new CP Ships (Can't remember which ones without checking).

The tools broken again, so we're awaiting Sin to fix it..!

Patience! Not long to go!

syngav.png
Year 13 Day 189 13:42
Can't wait Gav, I've got tons of goodies ready to make an epic luxury liner...can we get a sneak peek at the layout...he..he..

chg5r2u
avh9otl
ban57nu
Year 13 Day 190 16:57
Brand Malden

Looks nice, I was however surprised that it has 21 rooms when it can only hold 9 people.

r2u7mg.jpg