Year

Day

Time

19:57:35

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 13 Day 164 18:48
Hawke Tanor

How do I upload a picture for a custom NPC?? I have looked but can't find out. Any help would be appreciated. If the answer is out there already, I apologize for not locating in - in advance.

Thanks!

j8IRtQk.png

uOVmDdZ.png

KD5GzyM.png
Year 13 Day 164 18:50
Find an image host like photobucket and use the url it gives. For some reason custom NPCs don;t require their image to be uploaded to the server. An oversight.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 13 Day 164 18:51
Hawke Tanor

Thanks!

j8IRtQk.png

uOVmDdZ.png

KD5GzyM.png
Year 13 Day 165 5:09
Ellias, its because the system works differently, SIn hasn't connected it to the upload system yet.

Year 13 Day 173 6:37
Hawke Tanor

I am still having issues - I have tried a couple of times to make this work. With needing the black background for all images, but also needing to be surrounded by the combine frame - I can' get the picture to show an all black background.

The template on the art link has a white background - wouldn't it be easier to post a template with a black background? Then, you can put you picture in without having to work on the white outlines in the frame.

Any thoughts on how to make this work for me, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

j8IRtQk.png

uOVmDdZ.png

KD5GzyM.png
Year 13 Day 173 7:02
THe images in the art forum should be transparent - if you are getting white background likely you are either copy/pasting or your art software is not so great.

If you are using GIMP/photoshop, then save the border image. THen, when you make the image, you have 3 layers, one for the pure black background, one for your NPC image with the background it naturally comes with deleted, and the top layer with the border.

If you are using something like Paint, either get GIMP or Photoshop and do as above, or get someone else to do it for you.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 13 Day 173 7:04
Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl

If you're not in an experimenting mood, just upload it as your avatar and choose to have the swc frame added, then download the resulting avatar.

Year 13 Day 173 7:11
Hawke Tanor

Thanks for the tips! With that, I think I have it figured out - greatly appreciated. How do I get this closed now?

j8IRtQk.png

uOVmDdZ.png

KD5GzyM.png
Year 13 Day 173 20:22
Just leave the thread alone, as other people could have this question and read the thread as necessary.

Year 13 Day 174 16:35
Hawke Tanor

So, now I finally received my NPC - how do I locate them? Their current location shows as Unplaced.

Thanks!!

j8IRtQk.png

uOVmDdZ.png

KD5GzyM.png
Year 13 Day 174 17:29
As with all custom NPCs/Items when you send the request it puts it in your inventory, but doesn't spawn it until its been accepted. If it gets rejected then it just disappears from your inventory.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 13 Day 174 17:35
Hawke Tanor

Thanks for the information and update!

j8IRtQk.png

uOVmDdZ.png

KD5GzyM.png