Year

Day

Time

19:28:25

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 13 Day 166 9:33
Gort Horth

Is the datapad scheduled to ever be implemented and will we ever be able to copy and/or steal DC's in the future? Just seems weird that the lengthy description of DC's is explicit they are concrete items that can be stollen, and they were implemented as a abstract items that cannot. If there's no plan to change this and implement the datapad, why not change their descriptions?

My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.
Year 13 Day 166 16:15
will be implemented.
but current status is: skill_status_0.gif
And accordingly to Description Team, the written descriptions are there to give a hint about the item usage in the future once the rules are coded and implemented.

Has that cleared your question?

ORE-Vip-Fortuna.png
Year 13 Day 166 17:38
Datapads will be used for R&D to put points onto to 'buy' the next DC in the tech tree. At least as far as the last information given by the devs.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 13 Day 166 23:10
Gort Horth

Thanks. Yes, that answers my question. I'd wondered but didn't wonder aloud until I got a datapad drop.

Is there any buzz about who will be able to do R&D? For instance, if you wanted to do a variation of the CR-90, that was something like a mix between an Assassin and the CR-92R, would you have to have the DC's for more than one of those three or could you work from just the humble CR-90 DC?

And while we're on it, what is the history of the CR-92R? It would be nice if it were in the description. Does one exist in SWC and does the owner have a DC?

My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.
Year 13 Day 166 23:23
Its been stated that the tech tree will involve entities as per their canon stats (as much as possible) though each entity will also have several other versions that you can research, but you won't know what exactly they have. You can guess (if it will require more weapon R&D points, then obviously it will have more weapons than standard), but thats about it.

As for the CR-92R, there are a few existing, but as you can tell from the rules page there is no DC (hence why it says Rare and unproducable). Only factions can own DCs.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 13 Day 167 0:22
Gort Horth

Only factions can own DCs. 

Yes, I know. Something else that has to change in order to make it possible to steal a DC. The original intention, to make DC's concrete items that can be stollen; was genius. It'll be terrible if players have to forever settle for what is certainly much less. Just saying, unless items can be stollen, there are almost no reasons for conflict in the Combine and drama requires conflict.

Year 13 Day 167 5:40
what is the history of the CR-92R? 

The two CR-92Rs were given to Asarya and Zachai Dracolis by Redbat in a couple of the old school IRC games back in the summer of 2004.

swcforumsig

Year 13 Day 167 11:35
Mika Noris

One was won by Yoshi Hikaru in community games (was it Uno tournament, or something like that?), back in 2006, and sold to JJ, iirc.

sig.png
Year 13 Day 167 11:40
That was the one that was originally Z's, no?

swcforumsig

Year 13 Day 168 7:07
Mika Noris

From what I remember, it was a completely different ship, although also given by Redbat.

sig.png
Year 13 Day 172 22:30
Jesfa

Without looking in the DB, I seem to remember at least off the top of my head. I believe KJJ also had the intention to try and buy all of them as well.

Asa had one, Dac gained Dracolis after he was killed, and KJJ bought Yoshi's off him, but I for some reason seem to remember hearing that Hapes had one or two more than just Yoshi's.

LoraxSig3copy.png
Year 13 Day 173 17:49
Alex Tylger

Hapes only had one, and it's James'. I seem to recall hearing that Adam Diggins had one, unless that was Asarya's? Also, Tion has one that Typhon inherited from Jeff Corbin. Seems like there's more than just two.

alex3.png
Year 13 Day 173 19:05
Asa's was given to someone to look after and they never gave it back to her.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 13 Day 174 0:55
Jesfa

I think Asa lent/assigned hers to Adam Diggins back when he formed TSI?

LoraxSig3copy.png
Year 13 Day 175 7:59
Dan Hakim

Any indications on how ownership/usage of datapads will work?

Will they be useless if not faction owned, for example?
Will they become producable, if so, how widely will they be available, it could really screw up R&D if only a few can make them and decide to restrict them?

DukhaBanrHRZNTL_zps08e5f7a7.png
Year 13 Day 188 6:34
Tik Nkik

Another question to add to the mix.
Will there be the ability to reverse engineer entities through R&D and load the information onto a data-pad, and then create a DC?

Year 13 Day 188 6:39
Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl

Virtually certain to not have that option in the initial release. Whether it will be added later on, subject to change.