Time

23:28:48

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Handle checking has problems
Year 7 Day 73 15:37
Guest/Visitor

I have been denied application four times. This is starting to get a little ridiculous. Once was because your email program would not accept my professional email address (not gmail, hotmail, or yahoo or any other internet based system). I have also been denied three times because of my handle. I have always been careful not to use any kind of title or Star Wars name. My latest submission, which was just denied, was named Set [?????] I don't even remember the last name, because I completely made it up to make sure it didn't resemble anything from Star Wars. I am also certain that it began with a capital letter. I suppose I could take one from the random name generator, but it shouldn't so complicated that you can't pick your own. What is going on?

Year 7 Day 73 15:44
Guest/Visitor

I went back and reviewed the email. The name I chose was Set Ancorum. Please advise if anyone is aware of such a name in the Star Wars literature somewhere, for I am not. Here is the text of the email indicating that I have either used a title or a forbidden Star Wars name:

Dear Set Ancorum,

The SW Combine Administration has declined your membership application providing the following reason :

Your handle does not match out current rules requirements. It was turned down because of the presence of a restricted name or adjective, such as ‘Lord’, ‘Count’ or ‘Darth’, or an existing Star Wars character name was chosen such as ‘Luke Skywalker’ or ‘Han Solo’. Please refer to the Character Creation rules page located at http://rules.swcombine.com/character/charactercreation/ for more information.

Please make the necessary changes and try again. If you have any questions or queries feel free to post on the post on the Problem Centre or visit the help room on IRC, #swc-help.

Any admin that can help me figure out what is going on? I don't remember the names I tried before, but I know that they were at least as original as Set Ancorum.

Year 7 Day 74 0:18
Perhaps it was the 'set' bit? Handles are done mostly manually unless you get picked up by the auto filter.

rhystarsig7eg.gif\"

\"It is in the time when darkness falls evil reigns and all hope has faded from site, that true leaders emerge bearing the gift of hope in its purest form.\"
Year 7 Day 74 1:13
It's also supposed to SOUND like a name. It's possible that whoever reviewed this application decided it didn't sound like a real name, and denied it for that reason.

Might I suggest you try this link: http://www.dimfuture.net/starwars/random/generate.php

I've suggested it to a couple of people looking for handles, and haven't heard of anyone having troubles with them.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.