258 are online

Year

Day

Time

17:08:11

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 13 Day 198 18:43
I remember seeing something about explosives and bandits, but can't find the SIM News article anymore even after using the search so I'll just ask.

Will explosives work on Bandits? I've used a PrG-7 to hunt creatures before (kamizee style) without injury and was wondering if the same tactic would work on bandits. Trying to avoid requiring Bacta Tank on my patrols?

TW_typhoon.gif
"Audentes Fortuna Juvat"

If you do it right, no one knows you were there.
"Character is what you are in the dark"(ness)
Year 13 Day 198 18:56
Bandit and creature combat are exactly the same (bar creatures not dropping anything yet), so if it worked against creatures, it will workagainst bandits.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 13 Day 199 3:10
Jesfa

Explosives, as in those that are not thrown or shot, are currently disabled. This means that anything other than the grenades or launchers are offline.

LoraxSig3copy.png
Year 13 Day 199 10:08
Bummer!

Oh well, I'll have to go back and pickup my RPS-6 then. I just want to blowsome stuff up. It's one of my many failings.

Thanks for the info.

TW_typhoon.gif
"Audentes Fortuna Juvat"

If you do it right, no one knows you were there.
"Character is what you are in the dark"(ness)
Year 13 Day 200 10:10
Dan Hakim

This is quite close to what I was gonna ask, so I'll post here...

Are there any thoughts as to how thrown explosives will work when implemented?
Will throwing range be based on strength, dexterity or something else? What about blast radius?

DukhaBanrHRZNTL_zps08e5f7a7.png
Year 13 Day 200 17:46
Jesfa

Thrown ones already work, no?

Thrown ones have have their formula up for several years now, not sure if that's whats currently taken into account though. Basically though, they, like the big bombs have, have more hits than other weapons as to simulate splash.

LoraxSig3copy.png
Year 13 Day 200 20:08
Dan Hakim

In the rules all the explosives and all the thrown weapons have red crosses on them. I was trying to plan what weapons to acquire for the next time I go bandit hunting and quite liked the idea of throwing one of my thermal detonators at them, but when I checked the range was 1. This left me with questions like, if I could use these, would I
(a) be blown up with it or have time to set a countdown and run,
(b) be able to throw it at the bandits, and how far?

There's no mention of these in the weapon stats or their rules pages.

DukhaBanrHRZNTL_zps08e5f7a7.png