229 are online

Year

Day

Time

08:45:25

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 13 Day 217 18:32
Does anyone know if there will be another opportunity to move personally owned stations. After a break I came back to find my SYs in GE owned space which is not ideal for me.

Station move tool 2.0?

Thanks in advance

yP8Ou.png
Year 13 Day 217 18:38
Kendall Holm

I doubt it. The last time they did it was because of the galactic shift and I don't see another one of those happening in the near future.

SWC3dsUser.png
Year 13 Day 217 19:39
^

It was only done to allow those that had their systems located to a completely different space to move their deep space stations closer, and allow those with stations in enemy territory to move them out to their own systems. There should be no reason to allow it again, as technically any stations left now would be done so at the owners wishes.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 13 Day 218 1:08
Unless those owners were not aware of Galaxy 2.0 !!

yP8Ou.png
Year 13 Day 218 2:20
How could you not be aware of it? Multiple Sim News posts were made, and it took place over almost a year or so. There was discussion about it in multiple forums.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 13 Day 218 6:22
inactive

yP8Ou.png
Year 13 Day 218 7:50
Tough luck in this case.

Year 13 Day 218 8:03
Blot Hlidskjalf

i was not here when the DCs were given out. can i haz some plz?
/sarcasm

sell the station.
buy rm.
build a new one far away from the GE-space.

Year 13 Day 218 19:53
I have a question on this I was meaning to ask for a while. Is there ANY way to move a station to a new location/system/sector? If so, what do you need to do it?

chg5r2u
avh9otl
ban57nu
Year 13 Day 218 20:03
Kendall Holm

No. there is no way currently to move a station. You used to be able to move stations with a large capital ship but I think they got sick of us moving them on to the ground or in the atmosphere because you can't do it anymore.

SWC3dsUser.png
Year 13 Day 218 20:22
Are you sure Kendall, as I'm pretty sure one of the ASims (maybe even Zhao) said that you could onyl a few months back. Just need a big enough ship with a docking bay and tractor beams.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 13 Day 218 22:58
The code now prevents you from loading stations into ships, even those that are technically large enough to hold them.

Year 13 Day 219 0:16
Jesfa

Personally, I'd love the idea of implementing a "Tug" to allow you to move a station, but several coders have cried bloody murder at the thought :(

LoraxSig3copy.png
Year 13 Day 219 5:58
Ben Camden

The code now prevents you from loading stations into ships, even those that are technically large enough to hold them.

- Mikel von Bianchi

Which is just weird, given that there's actually a button named "Stations" between ships and vehicles in the cockpit >_

gold1.gifRGC-3.pnggold2.gif
Senior Governor Ben Camden
Regional Government
Year 13 Day 219 7:38
Well, assuming you had already loaded a station into your ship, it would really suck if that button were to disappear and you'd never be able to kick it out again. =P

Year 13 Day 220 13:51
Personally, I'd love the idea of implementing a "Tug" to allow you to move a station, but several coders have cried bloody murder at the thought :(

- FishPony

ASims thrive off the tears of coders.

Russ> This is an ok game with terrible people.