Year

Day

Time

16:09:06

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 13 Day 223 10:19
Nah Olos

How is XP awarded when you're attacking bandits (or creatures)? It seems like you get some when someone dies, but do you get it also just for a volley? Meaning, everyone fires, nobody dies.

"LEON!!!"
Year 13 Day 223 10:35
You get XP based on the number of shots you fire. I want to say the maximum is 40, but I haven't used Combat in so long I've forgotten.

((Shots fired)/(Shots possible))*(Max XP) = XP Received

Year 13 Day 223 10:47
Nah Olos

ok, this may be a silly follow up, but basically, every time I fire my weapons then, i should be getting at least some XP, right?

If I'm not, should I report it to bug base?

"LEON!!!"
Year 13 Day 223 11:07
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that even shots that fire wildly and don't hit anything should be giving you XP.

Year 13 Day 223 11:23
Nah Olos

Thanks Mikel.

"LEON!!!"
Year 13 Day 223 11:32
Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl

Unless you're out of range.

Year 13 Day 223 12:42
Seems a little bit imbalanced that a gun which could do 15 shots but paltry damage could theoretically gain you more than a good high powered shot. Isn't it better to base it partially on the damage done and reward Xp so that it measures damage effort?

You are entering the vicinity of an area adjacent to a location. The kind of place where there might be a monster, or some kind of weird mirror. These are just examples; it could also be something much better. Prepare to enter: The Scary Door.
Year 13 Day 223 13:13
Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl

You have that backwards. A gun that can fire fifteen shots will at best gain you as much experience as the gun that fires a single round each turn, on average it will get you far less experience. (though basing xp on damage or kills -would- make more sense on the whole)

Year 13 Day 223 13:24
I read Mikels as:

More shots that hit = more exp

Not more as a percentage of the whole. May have been a misread but damage based would be a good measure of xp surely?

You are entering the vicinity of an area adjacent to a location. The kind of place where there might be a monster, or some kind of weird mirror. These are just examples; it could also be something much better. Prepare to enter: The Scary Door.
Year 13 Day 223 13:54
40 is max XP.

If you have a 0-1 hit weapon that fires once, you gain 40 XP.

If you have a 0-2 hit weapon that fires once you gain 20 XP. If it fires twice you gain the full 40 XP.

If you have a 0-4 hit weapon that fires once you gain 10 XP. If it fires twice you gain 20 XP. If it fires thrice you gain 30 XP. If it fires all four times you gain 40 XP.

..etc..

This is irrelevant to whether or not each individual shot hits or misses; if it fires you gain that XP based on the percentage of shots fired out of the total shots the weapon is capable of firing.

As the damage output is solely contingent on the weapon stats and not on character skills at this time, this effectively does consider the weapon damage output already, on the percentage scale for each weapon. As combat is still in an early testing stage and therefore is only implemented for bandits and creatures at this time and only takes minimal skills into consideration, expect the numbers to be tweaked (including XP, weapon stats, damage values..) and equations to be rewritten well before PVP combat is implemented.

Edited By: Syn on Year 13 Day 223 13:55

swcforumsig