Year

Day

Time

22:03:12

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 13 Day 228 15:03
Zane Apex

I have a ship that it's Ionic has gone from 95 to 94, can this ship be fixed? Are what can I do?

3pyJdkx.png
Year 13 Day 228 18:50
I suppose it can simply be repaired.

I'd refer you to the Repair page on the rules, but it appears to be messed up at the moment.

Year 13 Day 228 20:23
How does Ionic drop one point anyway?

2zdt4r5.png
Year 13 Day 228 20:46
Zane Apex

I don't know I just got the ship today and didn't notice it until I bought it!

3pyJdkx.png
Year 13 Day 229 9:47
Kendall Holm

Shouldnt Ionic raise on its own similar to health. It doesnt now but I am sure that is how its supposed to work

SWC3dsUser.png
Year 13 Day 230 5:59
Alexander von Ismay

How does Ionic drop one point anyway?  

o.O I am curious as well. Is it JUST the ionic?
What type of ship is it?

Only thing I can think of, is damage from an old red scenario.

Sunning, Blackhole would damage the hull as well.

"Whenever feasible, one should always eat the rude."
Year 13 Day 230 7:58
Technically shields and ionic should heal up, but its not been coded in - it's just a wish-list type thing listed in the rules at the moment. Might be worth someone suggesting that they actually heal up now.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 13 Day 230 8:50
Hmm, I always thought of Ionic being the ship's electronics ... thus overloading them (i.e. damaging them) wouldn't heal like shields do but would have to be repaired.

mystats.php?uid=c1
Year 13 Day 230 9:18
Kendall Holm

IDK ... I know in all SW games the IONIC is similar to health and regenerates. I always hated killing the IONIC on star destroyers and it regenerated back and started firing back at me.

SWC3dsUser.png
Year 13 Day 230 11:16
I'm with Elias on this. Ionic refers to the Ship's electronics, and changing the overall charge of a ship such that the electrons no longer flow properly through the circuits.

I think, come combat, it'd suck considerably if IONIC would have to be repaired in a shipyard/factory instead of regenerating on its own. I think of Ion-shutdowns like tripping the breaker on an electrical circuit, where the ship shuts down the electronic systems to save them from damage due to the overload. The regeneration is explained by a timed process to dissipate the extra 'charge' caused by the additional ions and re-set the 'breakers' so the affected electronics could be turned back on.

Year 13 Day 230 12:20
Kendall Holm

No it shouldnt ... every book and game the Ionic Capacity is similar to a EMP blast. If it is knocked down it only temporarily disables a ship or device after a given time Ionic capacity rises on its own and the ship is active again. It wouldnt even make sense as a game feature to only raise if repaired, it would be redundant and unfair as to you can just disable a ship and pick it off without it having a chance to recover. It should be that once you knock it down it becomes nonoperational for a set time and then the IONIC cap comes back to allow the people to fight back or flee

SWC3dsUser.png
Year 13 Day 230 13:19
Zane Apex

Its only the ionic that are low or damage what ever it is! The ship is a YT2000!
I have had the ship for 2 days now and no change to the ionic still 1 point down.

Edited By: Zane Apex on Year 13 Day 230 13:32

3pyJdkx.png
Year 13 Day 230 13:28
Alexander von Ismay

Just got it assigned.
It's only the Ionic. 1 Point.

DOM: Y12D106

Probably still in the [HC] city it was made in.
lol, this is odd, and I have no idea how it happened.

Year 13 Day 230 13:37
Zane Apex

So it can't be fixed?
If you want to see it let me know!

Edited By: Zane Apex on Year 13 Day 230 14:18

3pyJdkx.png
Year 13 Day 231 12:35
Alexander von Ismay

I'm sure it can be fixed. Once repair is turned back on/redone.

But as of right now, that 1 point isn't going to change its performance in any way shape or form.

Year 13 Day 231 12:49
Zane Apex

Cool thanks!

3pyJdkx.png