289 are online

Year

Day

Time

10:09:51

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 13 Day 236 12:08
I don't know if this is the right place to post this so forgive me if this is not it. Out of pure boredom I went ahead and made a quick tutorial and reference sheet for how to microjump, feel free to save the microjumping chart and use it however you like:

Microjumping allows a player to enter any system from hyperspace in almost any general direction they need. Its extremely useful in shaving off travel time on trips and is very simple to do.

In order to microjump you need to jump to the nearby system that is closest to the direction you want to enter the target system. Once you get there just simply jump to your target system and you'll enter it in the direction you want. Let's say your destination is the Coruscant system (-15, 88); if you want to enter Coruscant in the northwest corner fly to the deep space system (-16, 89). Once you arrive there just fly to Coruscant and you're sure to arrive in the northwest corner.

IMPORTANT TIP: Do NOT abort a hyperspace jump while attempting to microjump unless you are absolutely sure that there are no suns, planets or black holes on your route.

Use this chart to assist you in finding the system coordinates you need to jump to in order to microjump the way you want. To use this chart just take your destination's coordinates and apply the x and y values according to the location you want to enter the system (example in order to enter the system where the red ships are, subtract 1 from the system's x value and add 1 to the y value).

joseph_microjumping_chart.png

EDIT: fixed the broken text
EDIT2: Added Neria Derycke's aborting hyperspace tip

Edited By: Joseph Starskimmer on Year 13 Day 257 16:32

chg5r2u
avh9otl
ban57nu
Year 13 Day 240 21:09
Maha Michi

Very useful.

Good contribution Joseph

kx7JEUp.jpg
VcL2Esm.jpg
IrCmAXv.jpg
J7BUXTv.png
Year 13 Day 245 17:06
Year 13 Day 248 3:51
I refer to this before every jump.

Thanks for saving me countless hours in sublight :)

Year 13 Day 252 12:15
Damn. Why didn't I think of this? Great idea.

I had been doing it by going through existing systems on the odd occasion it saved subspace time. But never thought of doing it with deep space.

Bannor Skyglow
Golan Technologies CEO
GT_BannorSkyglow.png
Year 13 Day 257 16:10
One tip, never abort a microjump. Unless youre damn sure there is no sun, planet or black hole on youre route.

happy jumping :) and kudos to Joseph for the tutorial

OUNzz3U.png
ZE-believer.jpg
Year 13 Day 257 16:32
Good tip Neria, I'll go ahead and add that to the first post for people who don't read the other posts (you get credit of course). Any future tips people provide will be added (assuming the tip is actually works/is helpful).

chg5r2u
avh9otl
ban57nu
Year 13 Day 257 21:35
Happy to help :)
Lost a recruit deu aborting hyper during a microjump, sent herself into the sun :(

OUNzz3U.png
ZE-believer.jpg