Day

Time

12:19:15

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Page 1 2
Year 13 Day 240 22:24
Haroku Star

Withdrawing from your immersion, you shake your head to clear the cloudiness that obscured your attempt to test Haroku Star's sensitivity to the Force, and resolve to try again, this time with more focus.

23ma7hi.jpg
Year 13 Day 240 22:57
Year 13 Day 240 23:09
Christian Hall

Failure on the FS' part. It happens. Just have him try again.

Year 13 Day 241 0:31
Haroku Star

Cheers
I used a detector but i haven't given it back yet so i'll try again

23ma7hi.jpg
Year 13 Day 241 2:27
Hmm, maybe the event message should be a bit different then. After all, you didn't really immerse into the Force. Maybe the Force Detector could go through a diagnostic cycle instead?

Year 13 Day 241 2:47
Haroku Star

Ouch!!
I borrowed a dud force detector or i'm missing the right skills.
Pricey way of testing considering the testers sell for about 75m each.

1 Year 13 Day 240, 2:22 Withdrawing from your immersion, you shake your head to clear the cloudiness that obscured your attempt to test Haroku Star's sensitivity to the Force, and resolve to try again, this time with more focus.
2 Year 13 Day 240, 1:21 Focusing silently on Haroku Star, you draw on your natural reserves of concentration and clairvoyance, probing the recesses of their mind, seeking any sign they may be attuned to the Force themselves, even if they are not yet aware of their ability.
3 Year 13 Day 240, 0:38 Withdrawing from your immersion, you shake your head to clear the cloudiness that obscured your attempt to test Haroku Star's sensitivity to the Force, and resolve to try again, this time with more focus.
4 Year 13 Day 239, 23:38 Focusing silently on Haroku Star, you draw on your natural reserves of concentration and clairvoyance, probing the recesses of their mind, seeking any sign they may be attuned to the Force themselves, even if they are not yet aware of their ability.
5 Year 13 Day 239, 22:18 Withdrawing from your immersion, you shake your head to clear the cloudiness that obscured your attempt to test Haroku Star's sensitivity to the Force, and resolve to try again, this time with more focus.
6 Year 13 Day 239, 21:17 Focusing silently on Haroku Star, you draw on your natural reserves of concentration and clairvoyance, probing the recesses of their mind, seeking any sign they may be attuned to the Force themselves, even if they are not yet aware of their ability.

23ma7hi.jpg
Year 13 Day 241 7:42
The Force Detector success equation is 50% chance of success +(10 * the CompOps skill of the tester).

So if you don't have a high Comp Ops skill, you're pretty much wasting the uses.

Year 13 Day 241 10:22
Haroku Star

Wish i had of seen that before
My bad

23ma7hi.jpg
Year 13 Day 241 10:23
Admittedly, I don't think it's on the Rules anywhere.

Year 13 Day 241 20:08
It's not.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 13 Day 241 23:55
Haroku Star

Do i get a refund on the uses then :)

23ma7hi.jpg
Year 13 Day 242 0:46
Unlikely since force tests are intended to have the chance of failing, so there is no bug here. /: Just a string of bad luck.

Edited By: Syn on Year 13 Day 242 0:47

swcforumsig

Year 13 Day 242 9:50
Haroku Star

Oh well
I'll return it with 1 use left

23ma7hi.jpg
Year 13 Day 242 17:35
Also, if you wanted to know your chances and couldn't find it on the rules, you should have asked here beforehand. =P

Year 13 Day 253 10:00
Hans Yond

I had no idea there was even a 'chance' to get a accurate test result *big sigh*

Can't we all just be given a truthful answer as to whether a PC is or is not sensitive?

why the inaccuracy's? (If he is sensitive it should just say so the first time, it's bad enough having to wait for a reroll every 5 levels)

So this means only a real FS can tell whether you actually are sensitive or not in 1 test? (asking for clarification)

Year 13 Day 253 10:03
Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl

No, they can fail as well.

Year 13 Day 253 11:48
Wow. I mean, wow.

A normal player may have three FS chances: 1st, 6th and 11th levels. I'm guessing few players make it to 16, not the vast majority, surely.

And to think that because of some slip-up in the Force user's result, a PC who was FS was told they weren't?

That's just plain silly. If we could be tested at every level, there'd be less of a problem. But for most players, we're only tested once every five levels (if that).

With all the other tweaks and twists to the system, from skill resets to combat equations, this one SCREAMs to be fixed, if indeed a FS player can actually get a faulty return on their FS test of a PC.

As a short little Green Jedi once (almost) said:

"Force sensitive, or Force Sensitive not. There is no try."

EDIT:

Found the appropriate pie chart:

yoda-pie-chart-500x325.jpg

Edited By: Belloq Tull on Year 13 Day 253 11:58
Year 13 Day 253 11:54
Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl

If the force test fails then it will return a corresponding error message. If there is a slip-up, it will be down to the force user not understanding the English language.

Year 13 Day 253 12:01
Wow. I mean, wow. 

Wow! Wait, what?
A normal player may have three FS chances: 1st, 6th and 11th levels. I'm guessing few players make it to 16, not the vast majority, surely. 

Most, actually, have a very good chance, assuming they don't get bored after a year and quit, or do something stupid and die.
And to think that because of some slip-up in the Force user's result, a PC who was FS was told they weren't?  

As Ten said, the message for a failed test is pretty obvious. In fact, it was just posted at the top of this thread.
That's just plain silly. If we could be tested at every level, there'd be less of a problem. But for most players, we're only tested once every five levels (if that). 

You can be tested once a day if you want to and can find a FS to do it. It's not the administration's fault if you can't find someone to test you, especially given the people who offer to do them for anyone for free.
With all the other tweaks and twists to the system, from skill resets to combat equations, this one SCREAMs to be fixed, if indeed a FS player can actually get a faulty return on their FS test of a PC. 

Please calm down.

tl;dr:
indoctrination_outrage_theater_answer_5_xlarge.jpeg

Edited By: Mikel von Bianchi on Year 13 Day 253 12:05
Year 13 Day 253 12:18
So how many non-FS people out there are getting tested regularly because all their IC plans depend on getting FS?

MeshSig1
jtnrs7.png
Page 1 2