Year

Day

Time

03:16:04

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 13 Day 256 6:44
Sovan Theln

Is there a way to remove items and droids that are not mine from my ship and put them on a different ship, station, or even on the ground?

I have several droids from my previous faction as well as several items from people I have attempted to get an audience with but have not replied. Since most of them I cannot access their public account, I do not know the last time they logged in to confirm if they are inactive or active.

I just don't want them to know where I am constantly if they intend to use that for their purposes.

Thank you.

Edited By: Sovan Theln on Year 13 Day 256 6:44

PossibleSignature1_zpsaf5db104.png
ADYHori_zps61b7ef9c.png
Year 13 Day 256 7:27
Items are easy enough, just pick them up or use the move room/load entity options. Droids are harder as there is currently no way to move them without being assigned to them.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 13 Day 256 8:26
Siarica Aylina

I just don't want them to know where I am constantly if they intend to use that for their purposes. 

Technically, using droids and/or items to track someone's position is considered as an abuse of the game, and is a bannable offense, so you shouldn't have to worry about this.

--
Year 13 Day 256 17:33
Sovan Theln

^ Only if they don't want to admit they are using it. I don't trust the group that owns these droids so anything goes with that. If they don't want to admit they are using the droids for their own use, then they are OK. We wouldn't be able to tell otherwise.

As far as items, yes, I could. The droids are the main issue. I suppose I should ask them again for permission to drop the droids off and if they don't, I can believe they are using it to track me for their hunter.

Edited By: Sovan Theln on Year 13 Day 256 17:40

ADYHori_zps61b7ef9c.png
Year 13 Day 256 17:48
You could try making a support ticket to get them teleported to a nearby planet - technically the kick passenger (from inside) feature just hasn't been readded with the latest iteration of the room maps, so it could be something they would do.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 13 Day 258 4:47
Ben Camden

Sovan: If people from the faction does not have access to your ship, they should only see that the droids/items are on your ship - and not your location. They should only be able to see your location, in cases where they could also access your ship, if they were at your location.

Unless that's changed?

gold1.gifRGC-3.pnggold2.gif
Senior Governor Ben Camden
Regional Government
Year 13 Day 258 22:44
Mingolo Mingolonio

Sovan: If people from the faction does not have access to your ship, they should only see that the droids/items are on your ship - and not your location. They should only be able to see your location, in cases where they could also access your ship, if they were at your location.

Unless that's changed?

- Ben

Export feature.

17376_s.png

Year 13 Day 259 7:26
Export feature.  

Spying Rules.

MeshSig1
jtnrs7.png
Year 13 Day 259 7:33
not spying rules but exploitation of a feature ...

You aren't supposed to be able to see the location of an item unless you have access to it. If you can get that information anyways (e.g. through the export feature), then that is a bug and should be reported as such. Abuse of the feature can lead to punishment!

Year 13 Day 259 11:54
Sovan Theln

But once again, this is all if they would admit they are using it.

ADYHori_zps61b7ef9c.png
Year 13 Day 259 11:58
Mingolo Mingolonio

Spying Rules.

- Mesh

not spying rules but exploitation of a feature ...

You aren't supposed to be able to see the location of an item unless you have access to it. If you can get that information anyways (e.g. through the export feature), then that is a bug and should be reported as such. Abuse of the feature can lead to punishment!

- Togan

This has been a known bug for a long time, has been asked to be fixed for a long time, and it hasn't been fixed, nor will it be by the looks of it. Suggestions to get it fixed have been answered with comments such as the naive post from Mesh above saying "spying rules" and "just wait until we can claim player owned items and this won't be a problem," or "the admins said in sim news that it's against the rules."

Right, I forgot everyone always abides by the rules, and overlooked the fact that it's so incredibly simple to find out if someone has exploited this rule even if they don't specifically say they have. Yes, I was so mistaken, it's true no one can use the export feature to find out your location. >_>

Edit: +1 to Sovan for understanding the issue

Edited By: Mingolo Mingolonio on Year 13 Day 259 12:02

17376_s.png

Year 13 Day 261 18:59
Sovan Theln

Finally got the droids off my ship along with everything else.

Wish there was better ways than having being assigned to the droids and then dropping them aboard a pod.

ADYHori_zps61b7ef9c.png
Year 13 Day 262 6:41
There is nothing naive about pointing out the fact that you will get banned for exploiting a bug....

MeshSig1
jtnrs7.png
Year 13 Day 262 7:12
And of course, publishing an exploit in a public forum certainly doesn't aid in its continuing promulgation.