Day

Time

01:38:00

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Fitouts and Back/Utility Gear
Year 13 Day 261 23:31
I've noticed new fitouts for many of the bandits we're facing, including some with heavy weapons equipped either to the Back slot or their Utility slot.

But I have yet to see any of the weapons in these locations being used.

My question(s) are:

- Do NPCs make use of weapons in either of these equipment slots?

- If they don't currently, are there plans to have them make use of them in the future?

- The descriptions of fitouts for NPCs says that they can be assigned multiple fitouts, and that they will search through backpacks and other storage devices they're equipped with, to find and use weapons for those multiple fitouts. Is this feature in place, and if not, will it be implemented? Or is this an out-of-date feature that will not be implemented, meaning, an NPC will only ever be able to make use of weapons in either their Primary or Secondary slot?

Thanks for your reply.

C5Lgr5m.pngWOMN3M5.jpghlx72UM.png

Year 13 Day 261 23:57
Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl

- Do NPCs make use of weapons in either of these equipment slots?

Nope.

- The descriptions of fitouts for NPCs says that they can be assigned multiple fitouts, and that they will search through backpacks and other storage devices they're equipped with, to find and use weapons for those multiple fitouts. Is this feature in place, and if not, will it be implemented? Or is this an out-of-date feature that will not be implemented, meaning, an NPC will only ever be able to make use of weapons in either their Primary or Secondary slot?

The function is implemented but your understanding of it is flawed. You -can- tag an NPC with multiple fitouts, they -can't- use different weapon sets on the spot. It means that when you hit the pick-shit-up button, they will pick up whatever is in one of the fitouts assigned to them.

Year 13 Day 262 0:08
Thanks for the timely reply, Ten.

So, the extra gear on Bandits appears to be meant to give us a chance to gain valuable dropped weapons (especially heavy weapons), without those same weapons actually being used against us.

Regarding the multiple fitouts for NPCs: Actually, I do understand it. I was posing the question for others who thought that an NPC could pull out a different weapon from an equipped backpack or other storage container, and use it in place of a Primary or Secondary weapon.

My thanks for confirming what I already thought was in place.

C5Lgr5m.pngWOMN3M5.jpghlx72UM.png

Year 13 Day 265 23:47
Jesfa

The issue is that since the coding of deployable weapons, bandits that previously would use heavy weapons may no longer do so. Thus, to ensure they have a better chance to hit you/do something, while still keeping a loot drop, those weapons were moved to utility/back, and an additional weapon given to them.

LoraxSig3copy.png