247 are online

Year

Day

Time

19:11:58

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 13 Day 281 16:12
I have noticed recently that the skills for piloting on astromech droids have changed, but I don't ever remember seeing any SimNews about it. I do read them all, but maybe I could have miss.

So I am wondering if the astromech droids still only work on entities they have skills for? Like Freighter piloting will only work on Freighters. If so it means all those R1s I bought to pilot my caps are useless to me to now, which is little frustrating since there was no warning about the changes.

Benedicta Per Gratiam Jou
MeandMine.png
--> Lvl 5 FI Operator - Free Service <--
Year 13 Day 281 17:20
The rules about the pilot skills on droids haven't changed, so any droid that has the relevate skill will act to prevent travel abortion - so R2s etc should prevent that for freighters.

As for R1s changing, thats up to the ASims to check - it's odd too that the RX pilot is now a vehicle pilot, and can no longer pilot ships.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 13 Day 281 18:40
I remember only R1s and FA-4s had Capital Piloting skills, hence I was buying only those. Now every R series astromech as Capital Piloting or both, beside R1s.

And yeah that seems silly too, considering RX droids are used to NPC shuttle as pilots.

MeandMine.png
Year 13 Day 281 20:56
Asromechs are currently bugged and not functioning. There is a confirmed bug report opened.

I see what you mean RX Pilot used to be able to pilot freighters now they are listed as vehicle pilots?

Edited By: Tolando Krieg on Year 13 Day 281 21:00
Year 13 Day 282 4:50
They just don't have any ship piloting skills anymore. So I am not the only one who doesn't know about this. Why admins never tell us about any big changes like this =/

As for the bug I remember I was able to board some vehicles inside my BFF while it was flying and had FA-4 in cockpit, it didn't stop flying.

MeandMine.png
Year 13 Day 282 5:09
Gav may be the person to ask about this. I am unsure if he intended for those skills or what is going on with the droids, but I believe he was the one to make all of those changes.

swcforumsig