Time

13:10:32

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Pilot droid doesn't work?
Year 13 Day 285 15:06
Daehd Moroz

I have a "R1 Series Astromech" droid in the cockpit of my capital ship with a hangar/docking bay. But when my ship is travelling in hyperspace/sublight and I enter a ship/vehicle, my ship still aborts the travel.

Have the droid's function been cancelled? Have I missed something? Is this a bug?

Ever sincerely yours,

Quarrenoghri Daehd Moroz
Year 13 Day 285 19:15
Kendall Holm

hmmm ... might be because an R1 cant pilot a Capital

SWC3dsUser.png
Year 13 Day 285 19:27
No "might" about it. Astromech droids are not pilot-droids and therefore do not work as such.

Year 13 Day 285 21:28
Asromechs are currently bugged and not functioning. There is a confirmed bug report opened for Rx pilot droids.

Year 13 Day 286 1:43
Daehd Moroz

As a matter of fact, I tried other pilot droids as well, including the RX pilot droid, and it didn't work :)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I recall that the R1 droid did work this way in the past, and he had a Capital Ship Piloting skill back then. It's still marked as "partially implemented" on the Rules page along with the pilot droids for that very reason :)

Ever sincerely yours,

Quarrenoghri Daehd Moroz
Year 13 Day 286 1:46
Yes they used to work because they DID have Capital Piloting and RX used to be pilots too, apparently we can thank Arete for flipping the piloting skills around on all of the droids and not even as much as letting anyone know -_-

But I am pretty sure it worked for me when I boarded vehicle inside of BFF where I had piloting droid, so I think its just Arete being bad with communication (or just evil Asim =P) and not a bug as such.

Benedicta Per Gratiam Jou
MeandMine.png
--> Lvl 5 FI Operator - Free Service <--

Year 13 Day 286 3:12
*Gav - he was the one that dealt with the droid skills.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 13 Day 286 5:09
Gav said it was Arete =P

MeandMine.png

Year 13 Day 286 11:54
Oh, the R1. Yeah, my bad. Misread the original post there. Bugged. Wait and we'll get it cleared up in a jiff.

Russ> This is an ok game with terrible people.
Year 13 Day 286 11:59
Will be nice if my droids will be useful to me again, thanks =D

MeandMine.png