199 are online

Year

Day

Time

05:40:56

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 13 Day 307 0:22
Unless I understand it wrong you get bonus to your Dexterity from Weapons skills, I am assuming its all three, projectile, non-projectile and heavy. If it is half the value like for A/E, you can get max of 7.5 Dexterity to hit.

So I am wondering, is there a secondary skill for Dodge? Just seems bit unfair if that is capped only only on 5, because it means that people with Dexterity 5 and 1-2 points in Weapons skill will always win.

Now this goes from my understanding of SWC equations where highest numbers wins, with really small random factor. Is the hitting equation different? I am just wondering if there would be a point in spending lots of SPs in Dodge skills.

Edited By: Lilith Delcroix on Year 13 Day 307 0:23

Benedicta Per Gratiam Jou
MeandMine.png
--> Lvl 5 FI Operator - Free Service <--

Year 13 Day 307 10:17
Dragomir Kies

Actually it doesnt mean that, hit or miss depends on a random roll which is simply positively modified by Dexterity and weapon skill. Meaning that Dodge 5 person will significantly reduce ( to 1/3rd of his normal efficiency- about 1 in 3 shots hit) Accuracy of Dex 5 Weapon skill 5 person. However people with lesser skill are going to be affected even further, making Dodge skill most potent defense in game right now. Still it should never make you invulnerable and that would happen should you be alowed to receive Defense bonus which would reduce accuracy to 0- cause you would get hit once in a while so long that your attackers would die of old age waiting for the event.

Year 13 Day 307 14:51
Christian Hall

I felt the same way Lilith, and still kind of do.
However like Kies said, the random factor has been increased quite a bit to help compensate for Dodge being the only skill taken into account. I still don't really like that, but hearing from my friends about how they were missing so much more when the change went through made me feel better about it.

Year 13 Day 307 15:13
I'll be interested to see how it applies if the concept of AoE weapons gets added. Dodge obviously hard if a bomb incinerates a nine square grid or something...

You are entering the vicinity of an area adjacent to a location. The kind of place where there might be a monster, or some kind of weird mirror. These are just examples; it could also be something much better. Prepare to enter: The Scary Door.
Year 13 Day 307 15:16
It would be cool to have some kind of graph or at least something more solid that shows how effective Dodge is, rules pages do not show any formulas. I don't want to turn this into some suggestions, just want to understand better how combat actually works.

MeandMine.png

Year 13 Day 308 6:02
What Kies and Hall state is exactly how it works. It is actually pretty straightforward. :p It will always be possible to miss even if your skills are maximum. Kies gave a good example for the effectiveness of dodge.

Still it should never make you invulnerable and that would happen should you be alowed to receive Defense bonus which would reduce accuracy to 0 

That would not happen. Any "permanent" defense bonuses (such as armor and shields) would not be in the form of canceling out opponent accuracy, only some opponent damage.

swcforumsig

Year 13 Day 308 11:30
Ah all right, I been trying some hunting and against creature with Dodge 3 I get 2 out of 5 hits on average with my Dexterity 3, but lots of time only 1 too. Rare its none, 3 or more. Makes me more confident about the usefulness of Dodge skill, despite it takes forever to kill this thing.

I am just kinda used from P&P PRG that if you have really high Dodge or facing someone with high Dodge, you are just not going to hit =P

MeandMine.png