254 are online

Year

Day

Time

07:15:10

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Science and Technology Factions????
Page 1 2
Coci Sinopi

With the probably implementation of R&D etc, is this a possibility? To have a faction as the title suggests.?

Probably asking in the wrong place, so please forgive. XD.

Regards
Coci

Photobucket
Why? Each faction type will have their own R&D tree to access, and if anything the Info faction would be a suitable candidate to allow access to multiple trees, except Jesfa already said that (if I remember correctly) only governments would be able to access multiple trees.

Ellias_sig6.png
Brand Malden

So how do Trading factions research their tree if they can't build R&D facilities? We need to beg someone else to build it for us or faction hop?

r2u7mg.jpg
Correct, you ask a faction that can build Labs/Research Centres/Research Stations to build one for you, just as with all other things Trading factions cannot build themselves.

Brand Malden

So what about actually doing the research though, we'll need to hop into another faction to do it? And would that potentially leave our research open to be stolen by that faction?

r2u7mg.jpg
Unlikely. From what we have heard about it, pretty much anyone can 'research' at any time as long as they have a datapad + whatever may be required. Then, each faction can use the points so generated to buy new DCs from their faction's relevant tech tree. You won't need another faction to research for you.

Ellias_sig6.png
Yep. Research is planned to be something available to all, provided you have a research station or facility. So you can give those not-so-active members research jobs, have them collect points, then combine and unlock. The only limitation is datapads and research centers, which should be relatively easy once the feature is released.

Jan Hutti

I think information factions would be a great place to have R&D with multi trees. I also think to make them useful they should be the only faction that can reverse engineer when that come out. I don't like idea of govt having mult tree they are to powerful in game now I believe. Make them dependent on research faction if they want to do R&D.

Is there an update on the R&D?

Like the title suggest I also like the idea of allowing a research faction to have access to all trees like suggested below. I think information factions would be the logical place. They could sell the outcome of their research, their dc, to other factions to use..

Mishuk gotal'u meshuroke, pako kyore
Pressure makes gems, ease makes decay
Elif, the current publicly announced state is that
Everybody, regardless of his/her faction will be able to "harvest" R&D-points and store them on a private owned data pad.
And so everybody is able to sell their points.
How ever, you can only research on the tech-tree your faction has access to, and the tech-tree depends on your data cards.

This does indeed sound like a logic idea.

ORE-Vip-Fortuna.png
Per Jesfa's comments in another thread, it is unlikely that any one faction will get access to all the trees. Not info factiosn, certainly, and likely not even governments.

dbce26b5ac.jpg
Jesfa

Info factions will have their own tree already, so I don't think they would be getting additional trees. Governments, MAYBE have multiple trees, but I'm not going to say me way or another since it's got such a big ramifications if that happens. It's a big question and one that likely won't be answered until we're nearly ready to release.

LoraxSig3copy.png
Ebo Ja

Hi Jesfa

I hope that governments do not get this as they are to powerful in the game already.

Hey Vip

Agree it is a great idea to allow people to research and sell their points. In addition to that as suggested I think there should be a research faction that can get access to multi trees and sell what they discover. Like before Info factions would be the one I would think but there could be new type created. I would create a caveat that they can only have access to two types that way you can have research factions that specialize in ships and vehicals and others that specialize in armor and weapons etc.

Bound in a nutshell I am the king of infinite space.
I really do not think we need a whole new faction type for R&D. If factions want greater access to trees, they make alliances with other factions, and they hire lots of R&D to collect points. Or outsource their point gathering. Either way, plenty of ways to stop the addition of new factions/faction types.

Side question: If the points are to be stored on Datapads, who will get the DC to produce Datapads?

All item or info factions were the top suggested ones, the DC would not be given to specific factions but exist as something akin to a factions base DCs, like sprints and escape pods are.

Kendall Holm

That way no one can monopolize the Datapads

SWC3dsUser.png
Ebo Ja

A little off subject but why not build datapads the way we do keycards?

Bound in a nutshell I am the king of infinite space.
Ka`rla Leakey

Because maybe our datapads are crystals and we really need a way to get rid of Vertex!? :hopefully:

Jesfa

The above would be fairly cool. I'm sure there's crystal in some screens or whatever!

Basically though, the datapads will likely be given to all info factions. They can then work with Item factions to supply the market with the pads.

LoraxSig3copy.png
Page 1 2