Year

Day

Time

08:33:10

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 13 Day 331 11:18
Dan Hakim

If I'm at 0,9 of a system square and I want to try micro-jumping to somewhere in the middle of the system, logic suggests that setting a hyper trip for the next square south then aborting hyper half-way through should leave me in the middle, but it has never worked that way for me. I'v found myself stopping at the sides or corners of the system in the past.

It has often left me wondering, how does the path finding work?

DukhaBanrHRZNTL_zps08e5f7a7.png
Year 13 Day 331 15:08
It's pretty much a random location within the system, making it risky when stars are involved. I abort microjumps on a pretty regular basis to jet around without leaving the system.

Y19.png
Year 13 Day 331 17:24
I always thought that aborting hyper would count as entering the system and so you'd be put at any of the 8 hyper entry points around the edges.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 13 Day 331 23:41
I think it is random too, in those very rare occasions I aborted hyper I don't remember always dropping at the "entry" locations.

Benedicta Per Gratiam Jou
MeandMine.png
--> Lvl 5 FI Operator - Free Service <--

Year 13 Day 332 2:34
Brand Malden

It's completely random. Deep space microjumping can save you half a day with a tabder easily. If there's no objects to hit, just keep starting and immediately stopping, eventually you'll get close enough to where you want to be. I did that earlier today, took me about 20 tries but I got 1 square away from where I wanted to be and sublighted the rest of the way.

r2u7mg.jpg
Year 13 Day 332 4:19
I think it might also make a difference in which way you are traveling, like if you trying to get North of the system, make the hyper coordinates North. As far as I know you do travel via the squares in the direction of your destination. For examples I am in middle of a system and want to get close to the top part of it, so I would set the coordinates for something above the system, not below it or on sides. I hope that makes sense.

Benedicta Per Gratiam Jou
MeandMine.png
--> Lvl 5 FI Operator - Free Service <--

Year 13 Day 332 4:33
Dan Hakim

I don't remember ever travelling in a straight line when micro-jumping, I've set a course following a flat horizontal line through the middle and ended up aborting a few squares in from the corner.

It has always felt as if when you try going to the next system square you randomly warp around the system then when the timer finishes you end up at the next square. I was hoping that wasn't the case and that there may be some logical path fining going on.

DukhaBanrHRZNTL_zps08e5f7a7.png
Year 13 Day 332 5:23
Brand Malden

I think it used to matter for what direction you picked maybe? Or maybe it does if you wait longer to abort.. but when you abort within the first 5-10 seconds it seems to be completely random, sometimes sending me to the opposite corner of the direction I choose even.

r2u7mg.jpg