Day

Time

08:36:29

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Page 1 2
Year 13 Day 332 5:17
Helena Gladio

I know this is hard to answer objectively, but what browser can i use the best to play SWC?

I have Chrome, Firefox and Explorer.

Thanks for your time.

mystats.php?uid=c3968

Shout out to my fellow Falleen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpiIWMWWVco
Year 13 Day 332 5:34
Either one is fine, as long as it's not Internet Explorer (although even that one should work with SWC).

Year 13 Day 332 5:55
I use Firefox for a long time now and never had issues with SWC because of my browser. Though I don't recall having issues with Chrome either when I used to use it.

Benedicta Per Gratiam Jou
MeandMine.png
--> Lvl 5 FI Operator - Free Service <--

Year 13 Day 332 6:01
FF has worked best for me

Year 13 Day 332 6:05
I use IE and that is perfectly fine. SWC should be coded to work perfectly on all three you mentioned. Really it is just personal taste as to which one you use.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 13 Day 332 7:03
Helena Gladio

Hm sometimes when i hover my mouse over a planet or system view, the coordinates are of? Like, i know i'm pointing at 1,1 but the pop up says 3,1?

mystats.php?uid=c3968

Shout out to my fellow Falleen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpiIWMWWVco
Year 13 Day 332 8:05
I use Chrome as it seems to work best for me.

Helena - Check to see if your zoom is anything other than 100%. I found that it causes that issue when it is above or below 100%.

Year 13 Day 332 13:19
Ettrick Antalaha

I use FireFox and Chrome and don't have any problem with either of them.
In terms of SWC gameplay, both are pretty equal.

But if you're going to be clicking on CP banners and visiting gaming links, which have a much higher likelihood of containing malicious content, I suggest Chrome. There are just fewer exploits for Chrome, therefore you're statistically safer.

1stSun_hban2.png
Year 13 Day 332 13:36
NoScript handily prevents such things.

swcforumsig

Year 13 Day 332 14:06
I am forced to use an older IE version at work online, so if I log into SWC from work, there are some minor, but glaring things that just don't work on IE well at all....

the hover-over things for scanners and room maps are just not useful or error prone, some selection tools don't work well (like trying to select in inventory by tag), the build request page is a nightmare... etc.

I'ver learned to not do that stuff form my computer and get on my phone instead to do those things... but yeah in summary my older IE version is less than ideal for SWC...

dbce26b5ac.jpg
Year 13 Day 332 14:34
Ben Camden

I mainly use FF, because it works perfectly with a FF portable on a USB stick so I can use a decent browser at work - and any other computer I get near...

gold1.gifRGC-3.pnggold2.gif
Senior Governor Ben Camden
Regional Government
Year 13 Day 332 18:23
Lahasa, get the most up-to-date IE - that works perfectly fine for me with no issues.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 13 Day 332 19:51
Maha Michi

Opera FTW \m/

kx7JEUp.jpg
VcL2Esm.jpg
IrCmAXv.jpg
J7BUXTv.png
Year 13 Day 333 6:22
Jan Hutti

I use chrome on my pc with no problems On my iphone and ipad safari has issues with the combine which seem to be with the way apple built OS6.

Year 13 Day 334 12:19
Gort Horth

I use OSX and Safari and neither have ever had a problem.

My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.
Year 13 Day 335 3:29
Ben Camden

Lahasa, get the most up-to-date IE - that works perfectly fine for me with no issues.

- Ellias Aubec

No, she should get FF portable - as some workplaces use an old version of IE because if they upgrade too many security bugs have been fixed, which breaks the system they use ;-)

Regional Government
Year 13 Day 335 7:36
I have IE and FF, i prefer FF to play SWC :) .
My best regards.

f14UEl2.png
No. Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.
Year 13 Day 335 15:33
Dan Hakim

I've always used Chrome and never had any issues.

Just a personal thing, but FF always felt a bit old to me and I've just never been happy with IE.

DukhaBanrHRZNTL_zps08e5f7a7.png
Year 13 Day 337 8:05
again folks:
I am forced to use an older IE version at work  

I do not have the option on this computer to make changes to the browser I'm allowed to use.

I can guarantee I do not use older IE at home.

dbce26b5ac.jpg
Year 13 Day 338 5:24
Ben Camden

Lahasa: The point of FF portable, is that it'll run off a USB stick without needing to be installed or anything - nor does it require any special privs beyond starting a program, that makes no changes to the computer.

Regional Government
Page 1 2