181 are online

Year

Day

Time

02:10:45

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » New CP Vehicles - no Repulsorlifts?
Daehd Moroz

Been looking through the new CP speeders and saw that they all lack repulsorlifts, is that permanent or will it be fixed or already working even? Seems strange that BARC Speeder cannot ascend into the atmosphere, etc.

At least in the Rules they don't have the icon, that would indicate the ability to do so. Perhaps somebody's bought some already and used them and can confirm that they can ascend or not?

Ever sincerely yours,

Quarrenoghri Daehd Moroz
Vito Royan

Why would a speeder be able to magically fly?

royan1-1.png

Daehd Moroz

Because most or maybe even all of the other speeders can in this game? ;)

Ever sincerely yours,

Quarrenoghri Daehd Moroz
I think it might have been a mistake from the team that implemented them. Pretty much all vehicles that do not walk or use tracks should have it.

Benedicta Per Gratiam Jou
MeandMine.png
--> Lvl 5 FI Operator - Free Service <--

It could also be that the tool used to implement a lot of the entities is limited; I was working with it on dev the other day and it requires special characters to add them. So its likely just an oversight.

Gort Horth

. . .Been looking through the new CP speeders and saw that they all lack repulsorlifts, is that permanent or will it be fixed or already working even? Seems strange that BARC Speeder cannot ascend into the atmosphere, etc. 

All speeders have repulsorlifts, but only a handful have "flight grade" meaning they should be able to ascend to atmosphere. The BARC is a surface vehicle and should not be able to ascend to atmo. In general, speeders not only keep themselves up by pushing off the ground, but they keep themselves upright by pushing off the ground. In order to fly to atmo, a speeder needs to have control surfaces so will in general more resemble an aircraft. That's why the T-16, V-Wing and V-00 have flight grade. The KAM does and should not. The Eddicus is a planetary vehicle and should have them. The Aurorient has an airframe so should be atmo capable. It is not properly classed a barge.

My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.