240 are online

Year

Day

Time

19:53:15

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » NPC was killed...I lose all his weapons and armor?
So I was hunting and one of my npc's was killed during combat...

He was equipped with an A280,DL44, Corellian Powersuit Armour and helmet...

After his death I expected to find his weapons and armor but to my surprise it was nowhere to be found.

I am wondering if this is normal or is it a bug?

mowc9ys

Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl

That is as intended.

Yep perfectly fine. One of the reasons you need to keep your NPC's health in mind.

Ellias_sig6.png
oh great, well thanks for the info.

I do keep the health levels up on all my troops...Unfortunately he was a scout and only had 60 health points, Was killed by one shot with a nightstinger.

mowc9ys

That's the reason that I decided not to outfit my NPCs with anything expensive until the armor rules actually make sense.

Gort Horth

Yeah. I learned the hard way by losing a suit of HBA with a freak happenstance where he was hit for 120 points in one round.

My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.
Question, do friendly NPCs have the same 5%(or roughly that) item drop odds as hostile NPCs?

You are entering the vicinity of an area adjacent to a location. The kind of place where there might be a monster, or some kind of weird mirror. These are just examples; it could also be something much better. Prepare to enter: The Scary Door.
If you fight smart you need not worry about equipping NPC's with expensive gear. I have killed approx 500 bandits and many times that in creatures and have yet to lose a NPC from my party.

Question, do friendly NPCs have the same 5%(or roughly that) item drop odds as hostile NPCs? 

They do not drop items. Nor do PCs.

swcforumsig

Forgive the dim moment but can you clarify Syn?

I was under the impression that when a bandit dies there is a 5%(or whatever it was) chance it drops an item it was carrying. So essentially that does not apply to an NPC?

You are entering the vicinity of an area adjacent to a location. The kind of place where there might be a monster, or some kind of weird mirror. These are just examples; it could also be something much better. Prepare to enter: The Scary Door.
Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl

When bandits die, that does happen. When your own NPCs die, it does not. Nor does it happen when PCs are killed.

Aye, the creepy rabbit-creature speaks the truth.

(I'm shocked too)

swcforumsig