314 are online

Year

Day

Time

12:20:49

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Are certain skills nearly worthless?
I was browsing around the character skills and it seems to me that certain skills aren't worth spending points on due to the fact that those roles will be filled by NPCs rather than the character themselves. Such skills are:

Repair: why spend points on repair when you can just get several repairman NPCs to do the work for you while you go about your business?

ALL the R&D skills: the draft rules state that r&d can be done similarly: by NPC's. No one is going to waste a whole month in an R&D station researching if their NPCs can do it just as effectively without them. So why spend points on the skills?

Am I understanding the rules correctly? Perhaps there should be some sort of bonus to the R&D/repair process if the character who starts the project has a high skill level.

jawa_ani.gif
Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl

Repair uses character skills, not npc skills. R&D will use character skills, not npc skills. As do mining, production, and refining.

Ah, ok. So then there is no real advantage/disadvantage to spending npc points on those skills either?

jawa_ani.gif
Teyacapan Quetzalxochitl

Currently there is no advantage whatsoever. Maybe some day, who knows.

That answers my question perfectly. Thanks!

jawa_ani.gif
Well, you can use the repair skill now to repair your ships, unless that feature is broken because of bugs. R&D should hopefully be soon.

Ellias_sig6.png