279 are online

Year

Day

Time

15:35:33

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » What's the plan for Vehicle Command?
Mingolo Mingolonio

So, with this:

"In addition to that addition, ground travel has been disabled for ships, once you land you are thereby inable to fly around the ground without re-ascending."

I can only assume that when PvP is extended to the entire galaxy, we will need vehicles to move around on the ground, and move our troops in ground combat. What is the plan for Vehicle Command? Will it allow you to command more than 1 squad of vehicles like Infantry Command with NPCs, or will we keep the 1 squad limit, but be limited in how many vehicles we can have in it by Vehicle Command? If it hasn't been decided yet, anything that can be revealed about its likely use?

I thought it'd be useful to know, to decide whether any skill points should be spent on it while getting ready for ground PvP.

Edited By: Mingolo Mingolonio on Year 14 Day 3 0:23

17376_s.png

My guess would be that it would be like Infantry Command, and allow you to have multiple squads of vehicles.

However, considering that entity v entity combat is quite a whiles away yet, I doubt even Zhao has a concrete idea on it.

Ellias_sig6.png
Jesfa

Hasn't been decided yet, but I'd make an educated guess it'd be similar to Infantry Command. Vehicle Combat is one of the next steps in the combat process, so hopefully it's something that'll be hashed out shortly-ish-soon.

LoraxSig3copy.png
I can only assume that when PvP is extended to the entire galaxy, we will need vehicles to move around on the ground 

Not yet decided, for the record. It was just a quick addition to the combat beta.

swcforumsig