Year

Day

Time

16:32:29

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 14 Day 18 23:50
Eshaar Gnor

I just logged in today to discover that a Custom NPC I have had now for approximately 5 years was deleted because it had a one word name! Now whilst I understand the current naming policy this NPC was one that I have had since well before such rules & as such it has a significany amount of XPs & I had it fitted out with equipment.

Now whilst I understand the desire to perhap have 2 names for ALL NPC's I think that perhap rather than deleting an NPC I have had for so long simply asking me to submit an alternative name might have been a more reasonable thing than deleting it!

I would greatly appreciate it if this could be looked into & if there is a record in the system of this NPC that it be reinstated! I also have another Custom NPC with one name & I would greatly appreciate it if that could have a name change rather then being deleted also!

Year 14 Day 19 0:06
Uh, they actually showed up on the Custom NPC request tool, and I accepted the Nikto one as they have a lot of single word names, while the Twi'leks mainly had 2 words. As to why existing accepted custom NPCs are showing up again on the tool is wierd. I think the fix wasn't quite as good as it should of been.

I'll go make a bug report about this cropping up again. As for your deleted NPC, can you send me as much information as you have/can remember about it and I'll see what I can do.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 14 Day 19 0:27
Eshaar Gnor

I take it therefore that the database doesn't have a record of the NPC any longer?

That makes it difficult if it doesn't she was named Ny`Lea & I would be happy to simply have the ` removed to make it 2 words. As for details when she was 8th level as for specific skill point distribution I can not remember. He pic was also loaded under the old system so I would have to upload it I guess unless you just whant the URL to where I host it?

Year 14 Day 19 3:11
Well, I can't seem to find any NPC with that name, so I would suspect that it is compeltely deleted.

You could make a new custom and I'll refund you the 500 CPs for it. However, I cannot see anything in my tool to change the level of the NPC, so either the ASims have access to another tool to do that, or I need to bug Zhao to add the relevant fields to allow me to do that for you.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 14 Day 19 17:18
Eshaar Gnor

Ellias, it could have been worse I have several NPCs at much higher than 10th level & with the current cap loosing one of them would be more annoying. I will resumit for this one as for her level reinstate it if you can but if not do not worry about it training them up is not all that hard to do anyway.

Thank you for looking into this for me at least we may have prevented it happening again.

Year 14 Day 19 17:31
Ok, its accepted and boosted back up to levle 8 courtesy of Zhao.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 14 Day 19 18:17
Eshaar Gnor

Thank you very much appreciated.

The location is somewhat odd though?

Passenger in: temperate/breathable Ord Canfre (#5910)
Docked in: System Ord Canfre (#1558)
Docked in: An error occurred when fetching location: #10940

I also notice 2 customes in my party have similar odd locations ? Strange shoudl I just bug base those?

Year 14 Day 19 19:10
Yeah - it should of just spawned at your location like any other new custom NPC acceptance.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 14 Day 19 23:23
That seems to happen with customs if they are made over before they are accepted, but an ASim will be able to fix it for you.

swcforumsig

Year 14 Day 20 2:29
Jesfa

This issue with Custom NPCs being sent to the request page has been cropping up, there's been a couple instances of dropped players NPCs likewise going to the list.

Once they're denied, they're gone for good :/

LoraxSig3copy.png
Year 14 Day 20 4:03
Eshaar Gnor

The 3 NPC’s with the location issues are:

ID# 1454834
Docked in: An error occurred when fetching location: #11097

ID# 2756973
Docked in: An error occurred when fetching location: #11098

ID# 32734
Docked in: An error occurred when fetching location: #11099

The 1st & 3rd are in my party at present and the 2nd should be on my ship ID# 242253.

Should I bug base this?

Year 14 Day 20 7:50
Support ticket to get them moved, bug base ticket to report the issue