I read the post on Cybernetics it sounds great. Looking at the rules page for each of the units it appears you can have 4 in some skills and a 0 in others. My questions are:
1. What if you all ready have skill points in those areas. Will those skill points be refunded?
2. Will you be able at some point to have your NPCs equipped with cybernetics?
3. Why cant the medical faction determine the price for the implant?
4. Will these implants be on the medical R&D tree?
the rules for cybernetics are not yet set. (and right now they totally differ from Main server to Dev server.)
1. your skills can not get higher then 5. So in case you get a cybernetic boost, it is capped at lvl 5 anyway.
2. last statement by Kyle: not planned yet.
3. good question.
4. I would guess so. And I hope the RnD-tree is accessible by medical factions only.
THe price of the actual surgery is determined mainly by the RM components of the implant, as implants are instanced. So you nor the med faction actually have to buy the implants, they are just a free service provided there. The other costs are based on the skill of those involved, consider it to be like malpractice insurance. Nobody said the Med faction could not charge you an additional fee for the procedure, this is merely the credit sink portion to buy the implant and the base service of the installation.
A few questions, do cybernetics increase your current skill level? Such as if you have a skill of 3 in strength and you have an Artificial Arm installed would your skill in strength rise to 5?
Or is it more of a static bonus that replaces your skill level which can be raised to 5 using skill points? Just wish to make certain considering that the Cyborg Level 3 bonuses would give a total of 14 skill points if the first is true though 8 or less if the second is true.
Finally, are the more complicated Cybernetics, such as the Level 3 Cyborg ones, more difficult to have installed or cost significantly more?
Thank you for the quick reply. Was wanting to make sure so this one could plan out initial skill point distribution at optimal levels assuming this one decides to have any cybernetics installed from an in character perspective.
If I have a projectile weapon skill of 2 ( 2 skill points) then add a cyborg combat implant 3 to raise it to level 3 ( 4 skill points) what happen to the first 2 skill points? Do you get them refunded or will the cost to level to 4 (7 skill points) only cost 1 skill points instead of 3 skill points ?
Edited By: Elif Ban on Year 14 Day 40 17:49 ____________
Mishuk gotal'u meshuroke, pako kyore
Pressure makes gems, ease makes decay
So, as mentioned the cybernetics bonuses will be added and subtracted directly from the base skill level with the final result being the total level which will represent your ability with the skill in question of which it cannot exceed 5 and not become lower than 0.
Assuming you have a skill of 2 and you install a Combat Cyborg implant which gives a bonus level of 3 which will end up being a total level of 5. The total level will be the one that will be used in the combat equations. So, the total level of 5 would be considered equal to someone who spent skill points to achieve a level 5 skill, correct?
If I installed artificial legs and gained the speed bonus and lost stealth skill (-2) could I still pump free SPs into stealth and bring that to a 5. Would I have to spend SPs to get to a 7 to have a net stealth of 5, or am I capped at stealth 3?
Also, if my stealth was 0 when I had implant, and the stealth skill is 'capped' at 0, does that mean I don't suffer any loss?
There is no god but Ara... All will walk his path...
So my stealth would be capped at 3 and I cannot improve on that even if I had my 'base' skill of 5 in stealth because 'base' is capped at 5.
But if my 'base' stealth was 0, and I was suffering the -2 loss in stealth, my stealth would still be 0 and I wouldn't really feel the impact of the -2 stealth? I.e., I wouldn't suffer that downside of the the implant?
So looks to me as if cybernetics give extra SPs, rather than redistribute those we already have?
There is no god but Ara... All will walk his path...
Okay. This has me excited. So I do have a few questions:
1. Who will be able to perform the surgeries?
2. How many impants can you get? Is there a limit?
3. Does it effect what you can equip? (ie if you get a head implant can you still wear a helmet)
4. How will the success % of the surgery be calculated?
5. What happens if the surgery fails?
Edit: I noticed that each can be tied to a slot Primary or secondary ...... Does that answer question 2?
Edited By: Dru Snotz on Year 14 Day 42 6:30 ____________
1. Medical factions only
2. You can only get 1.
3. Do not know or has not been covered.
4. Most likely still being worked on or implemented so will be subject to change.
5. If failure occurs it fails and it will have to be tried again. However, if failure occurs there is a small chance it will be a critical failure and therefore a faulty cybernetic is installed. Meaning you will get negative skill levels with no benefits. They cannot be removed at the moment either from what has been mentioned.
Link for more details: http://www.swcombine.com/rules/?Cybernetic_Operations