04:34:05

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Has ground speed been changed for ships
Ka`rla Leakey

Currently the rules state:

4.1/ Ground Movement Calculations
Ship Speed: The maximum speed for vehicles is equal to 10 *(sublight speed) km/h but limited to a maximum 200 km/h when inside a city.  

However when I am moving round on a non city terrain square it seems to make no difference if I go in a ship with a sublight of 40 (YV-666) or 60 (Trilon Agressor) which should give speeds of 400 and 600km/h respectively, the travel time is the same in both suggesting speed is capped. Is this a bug or has a change been made and the rules just haven't been updated yet.

And before anybody says, yes I am aware that ships may be prevented from surface travel soon so wasnt going to bugbase it regardless.

I thought all ships just move 1minute per square. I didn't come across any ship that moved slower on surface.

Benedicta Per Gratiam Jou
MeandMine.png
I have given my life to my people, my soul to Jou, and my heart to my wife.

Xakic Jix

some are faster to cross terrain, but not faster in the actual city.

mystats.php?uid=c8664

Yeah thats true, forgot about cross terrain.

MeandMine.png

Maha Michi

There is a bug with vehicles not going their actual speed. Perhaps that applies here as well. :/

kx7JEUp.jpg
VcL2Esm.jpg
IrCmAXv.jpg
J7BUXTv.png
I believe it stems from the faster vehicles being able to traverse terrain squares in a minute or so, which is quicker than the timer ticker goes. So travel was restricted to the same limit as in cities to avoid those issues - likely this extends to ships as well.

Ellias_sig6.png
Vehicles are lot slower, they don't go 1min per square, at least not all of them. So I'd think they do use speed to some extent.

MeandMine.png

The 1,500 km/h vehicles beg to disagree.

Ellias_sig6.png
Maha Michi

All the vehicles go the same speed right now because of a bug in the system.

So, for example, all speeders go the same speed/take the same time to travel despite having different speeds on the vehicle pages.

kx7JEUp.jpg
VcL2Esm.jpg
IrCmAXv.jpg
J7BUXTv.png
Kendall Holm

Its not a bug in the system. Its bc we havent figured out what to do with the high speeds and grid space.

SWC3dsUser.png