278 are online

Year

Day

Time

13:30:16

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 14 Day 53 21:22
Ok, so I understand the fire delay while engaged with hostiles. Can someone explain why the fire delay after battle is needed since there would be no next round of firing?

Year 14 Day 53 21:25
Game doesn't magically know whether or not there are hostiles left, and the situation itself is subject to change. You killed a squad in range, but a new squad might have just landed on your square, for example.

swcforumsig

Year 14 Day 54 16:04
Will the Admins reconsider the use of time delay in PC vs NPC combat. I mean if the reason for the delay is to give people the time to log on and respond it is rather pointless.

Mishuk gotal'u meshuroke, pako kyore
Pressure makes gems, ease makes decay
Year 14 Day 54 16:30
It's not really, though. If it is removed you can just continually hammer on your opponent for ten minutes until he dies. This way all of your shots are spaced out, and unless he's offline for a day or more he'll likely be able to hold his own for a while in an equal 12v12 match. I have heard no plans of removing the fire delay nor would I think that would be a good idea.

swcforumsig

Year 14 Day 54 16:34
Honestly, from the way this one understands once the aggression aspect of combat is implemented with npc's, such as creatures, would that not naturally mean they will get time to move, get into range, run or initiate combat as well during your time delay?

For example if you are shooting bandits and a rancor comes into range and decides to attack that would be the same thing as Syn just mentioned with enemy squads appearing to attack you. Basically, the time delay would be there so that others that see you can attack. If the ending time delay was gone you would have the first attack on another group rather than they having the chance to attack you first.

This one has always taken the time delay after battle to represent time needed to recover from battle considering chances are you and your allies have taken damage would be nearly certain. This ones opinion only of course.

Year 14 Day 54 22:44
Ryo Zreik

while we still in fire delay, how long is creatures and bandits fire delay? I've waited the enemy to attack me for 30 mins but they not attack me.

Year 14 Day 54 23:39
Bandits/creatures don't attack on their own, unless you are on Derra IV.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 14 Day 54 23:39
Currently they only attack you immediately when you attack them. They won't attack you just for being present.

swcforumsig

Year 14 Day 54 23:44
Ryo Zreik

in case at Derra, when i just out from vehicle, they attack me, of course in their attack range. Then i wait for 30 mins, nothing happen. they wont attack again

Year 14 Day 55 1:06
Well, a good place to discuss that would be the Com Beta thread discussing combat etc.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 14 Day 55 2:25
Jesfa

The above is a bug.

LoraxSig3copy.png
Year 14 Day 55 8:23
Oh, I did not realize you were referring to Derra. :> That is the only place where aggression is currently active.

swcforumsig