Time

13:21:24

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Faction Leader Death Succession
Year 14 Day 102 10:03
Pinto Grande

Greetings, I skimmed through this forums and didn't find a topic about this.

The question I have is regarding specifically who is appointed as leader in case of the death of the current leader (when there is no second-in-command).

The rules Here says:
If a Faction Leader dies, leadership will be transferred to the 2nd In Command (2IC). If there is no 2IC, it is transferred to the faction member who has the next highest privileges rating. If there is more than one person with the most privileges, one is randomly selected. 

What exactly constitutes "highest privileges rating" for this succession rule?

I remember reading once that the order of succession was Leader > 2nd in command > Random Recruitment Liason > Random Member
which is not in line with what is written.

But even if that is the case, I'm not asking it to be changed, but would appreciate a clarification of the de-facto way this works.

Thanks

Year 14 Day 102 10:10
Ichiru Hanabusa

it counts the amount of privs each person has, so if there was someone with all privs but not recruit liaison and somone without any privs except liaison it would pick the one with most privs, so if 2 people had the same privs and one was a liaison the liaison would get it.

Year 14 Day 102 14:17
Jesfa

I'm not certain that's entirely accurate. If I'm remembering correctly, it actually went by whoever had the highest privs. As in, a level 5 in ships only, would overrule a 2 in everything else.

Someone with code acccess would likely need to check to be sure, I haven't heard much since the priv system changed.

The only time it runs a rand, is if there's no one else with privs at all (Brand new faction, leader dies before handing out privs), and then maybe if there's a tie, not sure on that.

LoraxSig3copy.png
Year 14 Day 102 23:47
Recruitment Liaison is not 3IC. I'm not sure where that rumour started, but they are considered just like any other member in terms of their privs. They only exist as a simple contact for new players interested in the faction, not as an overall leader of the faction. They would still need to have the highest privs in order to take over the faction in case of no 2IC.

Not sure how the priv hierarchy is otherwise determined as it's never been thoroughly explained, but I feel like it needs repeated mention that recruitment liaisons are not 3IC, with how common a misconception that seems to be. -_-

swcforumsig

Year 14 Day 103 5:55
I always thought it would be the person with most privileges, as in, Person A who has 15 of them gets it before Person B that has only 10, regardless of lvl. Would be nice to know for sure whats the case.

Benedicta Per Gratiam Jou
MeandMine.png
--> Lvl 5 FI Operator - Free Service <--

Year 14 Day 103 11:37
Pinto Grande

Thanks for the answers so far, however uncertain everyone is

on top if all, I wonder as well if an innactive player can be set leader?
(say, if the 2IC was innactive and the leader dies, is he a "valid" successor?)

as Jesfa said this would need to be checked by someone with code access, would it be possible for someone to point this thread for some who has and might be willing to check?

This is a "rarely" triggered action nowadays, but quite an important one.
thanks

Edited By: Pinto Grande on Year 14 Day 103 11:41
Year 14 Day 103 18:15
The code does not look for the faction liason before doing a count of privs.

In this order:
Leader
2IC (sic)
Member with the highest privs; shuffled in case of tie.

There is not a mention of recruitment liason. I have just looked at the code.

syngav.png
Year 14 Day 103 20:22
So highest means the highest level of priv?

Benedicta Per Gratiam Jou
MeandMine.png
--> Lvl 5 FI Operator - Free Service <--

Year 14 Day 103 20:37
Maha Michi

...and what about 2IC being inactive? Wouldn't it skip them if they are inactive?

What if multiple people were given all privs. (2IC and someone else), then it should go to 2IC, correct? or will it randomize as they both have the same amount of privs.?

kx7JEUp.jpg
VcL2Esm.jpg
IrCmAXv.jpg
J7BUXTv.png
Year 14 Day 103 22:07
Member with the highest privs; shuffled in case of tie.

- Gav

What constitutes "highest privs"? Highest priv levels? Highest priv amounts?

Year 14 Day 104 10:57
Pinto Grande

Thanks for clarifying Gav,

...and what about 2IC being inactive? Wouldn't it skip them if they are inactive? 

Also curious there, however

What constitutes "highest privs"? Highest priv levels? Highest priv amounts? 

And there as well
I hope its not Levels, because would make no sense (send credits =2, view transactions =3, etc etc)

Edited By: Pinto Grande on Year 14 Day 104 11:03
Year 14 Day 104 11:36
Damnit Gav, that answered absolutely nothing that hadn't already been confirmed. -_-

swcforumsig

Year 14 Day 104 14:56
Highest count of privs.

AND I'M SO SORRY SYN.

syngav.png