Day

Time

04:20:22

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Cybernetic Surgery Success Formula
Year 14 Day 127 14:45
So I was crunching the numbers and, it seems that cybernetic surgery is very difficult to successfully complete. Even with 5 in medical, having 5 droids with 3 in medical skill each, doing the easiest cybernetic installation possible, and performing the surgery on Coruscant (66.800% civilization level) the formula looks like this:

Formula:
round(1 + (Skill * 4.5) + (Bonus / 2.5) + Install * (0.5 * CivilationLevel * 2.2))

Optimal values:
(Medical) Skill=5
Bonus (i.e. helpers. 5 maximum allowed and the best droid helpers have +3 each) = 15
Install (most of them are the same) = 30
CivilizationLevel (Corsucant) = 66.800% AKA .66800

With optimal values filled in:

round(1+(5*4.5)+((5*3)/2.5)+30*(.5*.66800*2.2))
= 52

So the best surgeons in the galaxy with the best helper droids on a super civilized planet would basically have a 50:50 chance of successfully making a cybernetic implant.

Am I doing the math correctly? Is this how the numbers should be put in?

Realistically, the chances have to be better than that... right?

Year 14 Day 127 17:41
Yes, it is purposefully low.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 14 Day 127 17:53
Oh alright, thank you!
Do the medical droids contribute that bonus to cybernetic surgery currently? Has that been implemented?

-- Razzix, MD
Year 14 Day 127 18:58
Tabty Haasza

Oh alright, thank you!
Do the medical droids contribute that bonus to cybernetic surgery currently? Has that been implemented? 

Yes, but it's more beneficial to have 5x NPCs with Med Treatment 5. Then you get a total bonus of 25. That's how we do our surgeries.

Tabty Haasza || CEO / Owner || Akheton Corporation

tabty_haasza_cit.png
Yes, but it's more beneficial to have 5x NPCs with Med Treatment 5. Then you get a total bonus of 25. That's how we do our surgeries. 

Yeah... I suppose I didn't think of that. However, even a bonus of 25 only raises the success chance to 56%.

There are three results to every check, right?
1. Hooray! You did it!
2. Nothing happened <---- does this one exist?
3. You botched it, something bad happened.

-- Razzix, MD
Yeah the second exists.

swcforumsig

The 'bad happened' is only a 10 % chance after the initial fail, which is why I think it really ought to be a low success rate off the bat - in or around 50 % seems about right to me since it's ultimately way overpowered if you successfully implant a vast majority of the time.

For cases where the chance of success are 56 %, you really only have a 4.4 % chance of ending up with a faulty cybernetic, so that's still pretty rare.

Year 14 Day 130 20:22
Excellent. One last question on this thread pertaining to civilization levels.

How do I measure the civilization level of a space station? The rules state that a cybernetic implant may be installed in a medical faction owned hospital station. How do I calculate the success formula if an operation were to be conducted in outer space?

-- Razzix, MD
Year 14 Day 130 20:43
Kendall Holm

Civ Level of the planet if it is above the planet. Else it is the average of the system

SWC3dsUser.png
Year 14 Day 130 20:47
If it is in deep space, there would be nothing to average. What would that mean?

-- Razzix, MD
Year 14 Day 130 21:22
Kendall Holm

Means 0 Civ Level

SWC3dsUser.png
Year 14 Day 130 21:59
Stations in deep space have 0 morale and civ level and 100% crime (unless I am mistaken).

Ellias_sig6.png
Ben Camden

You are Ellias :-P In deep space everything is simply zero (unless there's a discrepancy between the rules and the coding)..

gold1.gifRGC-3.pnggold2.gif
Senior Governor Ben Camden
Regional Government
Kendall Holm

"You are Ellias :-P In deep space everything is simply zero (unless there's a discrepancy between the rules and the coding).."

There isnt.

SWC3dsUser.png