Year

Day

Time

10:26:26

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 14 Day 128 17:35
Hey SWC :)

i've got another question about something small (that may or may not be common knowledge) that I have also been curious about.

So is it possible to be considered a citizen of a government while with another faction (ex.- I work for SYT Transport but I could be a citizen of the NR)? Or is being a citizen just a fancy word for being hired and working for a government faction?

derryn_cor_sig.png
Year 14 Day 128 17:54
It depends from government to government, I know Trade federation and Avance do citizenship and don't need you to be in the faction, I don't know about anyone else who does it.

Benedicta Per Gratiam Jou
MeandMine.png
--> Lvl 5 FI Operator - Free Service <--
Year 14 Day 128 19:36
Umbeck Traxer

OOC answer, You really just have to ask each Government.
ICish answer, No one has asked Eidola for "citizenship" as far as I know but we'd be glad to give anything out to anyone if the price is right!

Year 14 Day 128 23:41
Do you know if there's anybody out that has citizenship while with another faction?

derryn_cor_sig.png
Year 14 Day 128 23:59
Maha Michi

Yes.

Lilith has citizenship with the Trade Federation and is the leader of Dark Skies Gearworks. She is also a citizen of Avance.

I have citizenship for both Trade Federation and Avance as well. I am in Huppla Pasa Tisc as the faction I lead and work in.

Edited By: Maha Michi on Year 14 Day 129 0:00

kx7JEUp.jpg
VcL2Esm.jpg
IrCmAXv.jpg
J7BUXTv.png
Year 14 Day 129 11:39
Adrian Owen

Trade Federation is an example but you should ask to what government you have in mind.

Year 14 Day 130 22:22
IF you want to be a citizen of a government that offers it, while staying in your faction you can. You just have to ask the government you want to be a citizen in if they mind that you are in another faction not owned or affiliated with them. I know The Avance Coalition and Trade Federation are neutral and stand strong on that. If you are looking at joining a certain government, ie NR, then you have to see their guidelines on you not being in a faction owned by them. As there are sides in the war, Rebels against Empire, Empire against Rebels.

Neutral factions do not allow you to be affiliated with one side or the other as it contradicts the whole meaning of the organization. I am a member of The Avance Coalition, which is neutral, I am also in a seperate neutral faciton.

I hope this helps. I kinda reiterated what all the veterans said, just made it longer. Hope it answered your question.

It's who you surround yourself with, that defines you.
Year 14 Day 131 5:12
I'd just like to point out that:

"Neutral factions do not allow you to be affiliated with one side or the other as it contradicts the whole meaning of the organization."

Is not true at least for the Federation. They never denied someone because of the being part of one of the IU/GA factions, well at least not like outright, it all depends on the faction's and character's history. There are some GE folk in TF citizenship as well as NR. My partner for example works in NR Senate and she has citizenship with both TF and Avance.

But as been said, it all depends on the government. You have to talk to them, I don't think they come here to answer questions =P

Benedicta Per Gratiam Jou
MeandMine.png
--> Lvl 5 FI Operator - Free Service <--
Year 14 Day 131 8:15
My mistake on Trade Federation. They are an Empire of Trade, so I can see how they allow everyone.

Year 14 Day 131 21:12
Maha Michi

so I can see how they allow everyone.

- Bassius

They don't allow everyone. They have a process for approving and denying citizenship.

You can read more about TF citizenship here:
http://www.swc-tradefederation.org/viewpage.php?page_id=78

and here:
http://forums.swc-tradefederation.org/index.php?board=401.0

kx7JEUp.jpg
VcL2Esm.jpg
IrCmAXv.jpg
J7BUXTv.png
Year 14 Day 131 22:01
Sorry, didn't know I was going to be quoted. I meant, I can see why they allow everyone to apply. The Trade Federation bases their citizenship approval off of trade reputation. Bad rep no citizenship, good rep possible citizenship.