237 are online

Year

Day

Time

19:28:40

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 14 Day 140 4:57
I been trying to figure this out, but it confuses me a bit and I can't find anything in the rules. What exactly is deploying and undeploying for? I know both actions give me 30 minutes times, but what can I do/not do while the weapon is deployed? I usually just do both in fire delay so I can't move anyway.

Benedicta Per Gratiam Jou
MeandMine.png
--> Lvl 5 FI Operator - Free Service <--
Year 14 Day 140 5:53
When undeployed, you cannot fire heavy weapons.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 14 Day 140 5:59
All right, so

Undeployed - can't fire, can move.
Deployed - can fire, can't move.

And it takes 30 minutes to do either. I noticed you can shoot while Deploying timer runs, so thats useful. This should be somewhere in weapon rules =P Thanks

MeandMine.png
Year 14 Day 140 15:11
Maha Michi

Maybe these will help:

http://www.swcombine.com/forum/thread.php?thread=58165&page=0

http://www.swcombine.com/forum/thread.php?thread=59766&page=0

kx7JEUp.jpg
VcL2Esm.jpg
IrCmAXv.jpg
J7BUXTv.png
Year 14 Day 209 1:31
How can I make NPCs to deploy their heavy weapons ?

letwin.png
Year 14 Day 209 1:38
Yarchur Orion

NPCs can't use Heavy weapons that need deploying period. See here.

1il7wj.png

Chaos is a ladder.

Year 14 Day 209 2:15
...and how many years will it take to change this ?

letwin.png
Year 14 Day 209 2:19
Jesfa

However many years until we move beyond a combat beta into full squad commands and infantry combat.

LoraxSig3copy.png
Year 14 Day 209 6:32
Sol, Heavy weapons are meant to be used on vehicles/facilities/ships, so right now they arent really needed as much for PvP.

Year 14 Day 209 7:26
While Jesfa's answer is nice and easy to understand, Jevon's is confusing. Right now we have situation that most of heavies do nice damage against NPCs and creatures. Will that change?

Year 14 Day 210 0:06
All entity stats are certainly subject to change up until combat is considered fully implemented. Heavies are intended to be effective against hull. They simply are not truly considered fully implemented, since they cannot yet be used against hull values, and once hull attacking is coded, their stats may be modified to account for that in some way. That will depend on how attacking against hull is eventually coded, and how that can be represented by weapons.

What Jevon and Jesfa say is both correct. Heavy weapons are intended to be useful against hull rather than HP, whereas PW/NPWs are not. And they are not yet usable by NPCs because at the moment squad combat isn't implemented yet (at all outside of Derra).

swcforumsig

Year 14 Day 210 1:01
Yes Syn, am aware that lots of things can change until full implementation of combat. That is fully understandable. As are plans that HW be useful against hull. What i would like to know is what are plans with HW considering their damage against meat. In other words, most of HW is now useful against meat. Only 2 rocket launchers are useless for combat as we have it now. And Jevon said that those are not needed now for PvP. Does that mean that in future we can expect nerf of other HW in a way of rocket launchers were nerfed? Or some will remain useful for combat against players, NPCs and creatures, while others will go towards hull damage? Or, we simply are not sure yet?

Year 14 Day 211 5:38
That will depend on how attacking against hull is eventually coded, and how that can be represented by weapons 

I tried to account for that in my answer. :p Unknown until implementation. The current HW stats are just interim stats; they were not balanced with the rest of the weapons at all aside from a couple being dropped down to prevent being utterly overpowered.

Edited By: Syn on Year 14 Day 211 5:38

swcforumsig

Year 14 Day 211 5:49
Hopefully not all heavy will be effective again Hull only, I'd think heavy carbine or Stouker can vaporize flesh just fine =P

MeandMine.png
Year 14 Day 211 8:23
Maha Michi

What would be the problem with them being against hull only? Other than you want to vaporize things.

kx7JEUp.jpg
VcL2Esm.jpg
IrCmAXv.jpg
J7BUXTv.png
Year 14 Day 211 8:24
Yup, those two and K-43 are reason i ask about this, mostly. Plus, it does not seem logical to me that all HW will be against hull only. Oh, well, wait and see, i guess.

Year 14 Day 211 8:34
Because not all people like to shoot with small projectiles only, some people prefer to have a big gun in their hands. So if you had someone specialize in heavy weapons for range (think Heavy with minigun from Team Fortress 2), it would kinda screw them over. But no point debating it now, too soon.

MeandMine.png
Year 14 Day 212 17:03
Note that HW skill is in a different category from the other weapon skills, so don't be surprised by a detrimental outcome.

swcforumsig

Year 14 Day 212 17:11
Well if you make me able to only blow up vehicles, I am gonna hunt your vehicles =P

MeandMine.png
Year 14 Day 212 21:12
i don't have any but you'll probably want to hunt down Darkness's anyway :p

swcforumsig