285 are online

Year

Day

Time

10:06:57

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 14 Day 141 19:15
Ok so I read in the rules under movement that if you have an astromech/pilot droid in the ship you are in and you are travelling and you unboard the droid will take control and take the ship to the destination. I am just wondering because I did not see it in the rules, does this also apply to hyperspace travel? If I go into hyperspace then unboard will the droid take over and fly to the destination or will hyperspace travel simply abort?

Thanks in advance for the answers.

Commodore, Sir Pepi Deto
Falleen Protection Forces CO
Dean, Ichigo Military Academy
Falleen Federation
Trade Federation Citizen L1
Year 14 Day 141 20:13
A pilot droid allows you to board a different ship or vehicle that is in the same ship you are currently in. If you leave the ship while the pilot droid is in control, the ship will abort travel. As such, they really only work in ships with hangar bays, and only if you keep the ship you board docked in the moving ship.

To give an example (since my answer isn't very clear or well worded): You're in a YV-666, with a Sprint docked inside. An RX pilot droid is in the cockpit. If you board your Sprint, the YV will keep moving. However, if you undock the Sprint and fly off in it, the YV will abort travel.

I have personally tested this (at least in sublight; hyper shouldn't be any different, though).

001360_Shaa_Cideg.png
shaa_cideg_cit.png
Year 14 Day 142 2:07
Yes, it does work that way - so long as the entity you board doesn't leave the mother ship, travel will continue. Heck, trying to undock should give a warning that you cannot as you are travelling. The only exception is the undocking in hyper, but that will destroy the hyperdrive of the smaller ship undocking, and if only a pilot droid is on the mothership, then that also aborts travel.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 14 Day 142 5:28

Just to be clear, does the droid need to be somehow assigned as a pilot or simply be present in the cockpit?

Don't fight when you can talk ...
Don't talk when you can nod ...
... And don't nod unless you absolutley have to.
Year 14 Day 142 5:56
OK thanks this is good to know because the rules didn't make any of this clear. I appreciate this very much.

Commodore, Sir Pepi Deto
Falleen Protection Forces CO
Dean, Ichigo Military Academy
Falleen Federation
Trade Federation Citizen L1
Year 14 Day 142 7:28
Kendall Holm

"Just to be clear, does the droid need to be somehow assigned as a pilot or simply be present in the cockpit?"

It has to be present and have the proper skills.

SWC3dsUser.png