Day

Time

01:00:55

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 14 Day 150 10:38

Hey guys,

I'm considering going 'hunting.'

Partly to pass the time and partly because I hear you can sometimes get nice items.

My question is, could I just buy a squad of droids and go have fun ... or am i likely to die?

Would I be better off amassing a small army of NPCs with expensive weapons?

Many thanks,

- Jason.

Don't fight when you can talk ...
Don't talk when you can nod ...
... And don't nod unless you absolutley have to.
Year 14 Day 150 11:20
Well, for the time being, you can't die, so knock yourself out with all the hunting you want.

You could go buy a full squad of droids, but they have fairly low health and can't be repaired. You'll probably lose most of your droids, depending on what you're hunting. You can get a full squad of 24 K-4s from the NPC market/shop pretty cheaply, though, so it might be worth checking out (just be sure to pack extra).

NPCs, on the other hand, can be healed, but you need to buy them at least a gun, and preferably some armor and meds too. I wouldn't give NPCs any really expensive items, since they are still fairly likely to die and they take all their items with them when they die. NPCs themselves are fairly cheap to hire, but getting gear for all of them can add up pretty quickly (unless if you want to give them NPC market/shop gear, but that stuff is pretty bad).

It all depends on the funds you have available. If you're pretty broke, a squad of K-4s or NPCs in basic gear should work fine. However, if you have a few million to spare, then I would highly recommend buying bacta, armor, and decent guns for your NPCs.

001360_Shaa_Cideg.png
shaa_cideg_cit.png
Year 14 Day 150 17:44
Myrhrai Isalia Rosiir

Just buy tons of k4 droids and get a few medical items.

Then go have fun, you cant die. The only thing that will slow you down really is that once at 1hp you cant fight anymore. So you will need to heal.

Year 14 Day 150 19:29
If you can afford it, the droids are a quick route. However if you are strapped for cash, getting NPCs tooling them up and making sure they don't die is probably a better route.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 14 Day 150 21:16
Sevk Ill`er

Take it from someone who hunts all day everyday. Grab a squad of Gams, hutts or wookies, buy 13 bowcasters, or 13 A280s and buy a shit ton of med items. Shoot, heal in the same round, and repeat.

Edited By: Sevk Ill`er on Year 14 Day 150 21:17
Year 14 Day 150 23:25
Or fight alone and just carry a bunch of meds around if you want more efficient XP! It's what I do when I'm not trying to level a couple creatures.

swcforumsig

Year 14 Day 151 0:57
Sevk Ill`er

Well. We all know I hunt solo with bacta refills. He said he wanted the items and to pass the time, get more drops when you hunt with a squad.

Year 14 Day 151 8:06

Thanks for all the advice guys =]

Money isnt too short, so I'll probably stock up on NPCs and kit them out with basic armour and weapons.

Just as a final few questions sorry:

What is the value in having Heavy Weapon specilists if they're just likely to die and loose you a 5-10m credit weapon?

And re: the medical supplies. Do they need to be spread around the squad or can I just have them all in my backpack for everyone to use? I actually have a medical droid, will it actually work in a combat situation or just stand there?

Many thanks,

- Jason.

Don't fight when you can talk ...
Don't talk when you can nod ...
... And don't nod unless you absolutley have to.
Year 14 Day 151 8:21
Kendall Holm

You rotate your NPCs. I keep several parties worth and swap them out once their HP get low so they can regenerate. I havent lost an NPC yet

SWC3dsUser.png
Year 14 Day 151 10:07
You can use meds right out of your backpack. However, only you can use meds; NPCs cannot. So you only get one heal total per round, to use on yourself or on an NPC in your party.

You can click on enemy targets on your scanners and check their gear, so you can figure out their weapon ranges. To avoid losing weapons from your NPCs dying, fight outside of the range the enemies reach. It's probably easiest to level NPCs on creatures, since creatures all have relatively low ranges, and some creatures can't attack at all.

Or grab a bunch of cheap gear for NPCs, or some cheap droids as someone suggested earlier, if you just want to consider them expendable, and level NPCs you actually care about by just setting them to patrol, so they can't die.

swcforumsig

Year 14 Day 158 14:43
Where do you find creatures to hunt? Of all the planets I have been on I have yet to see any creatures or anything. How do you do this?

Thanks

Commodore, Sir Pepi Deto
Falleen Protection Forces CO
Dean, Ichigo Military Academy
Falleen Federation
Trade Federation Citizen L1
Year 14 Day 158 16:17
They can spawn on any square of a planet that does not have a city slab laid down (or any other players on the square, as that will prevent new spawns - NPCs are fine, though). They only appear within your sensor range, so if you don't have a high perception skill or a ship with many sensors, you would need to move around the whole square to check it for creature spawns, or invest in macrobinoculars, or something of the sort.

Really, you can just move between two adjacent terrain squares without city slabs repeatedly to check for spawns since they have a chance to spawn as soon as someone first enters the square.

swcforumsig

Year 14 Day 158 17:09
Cool thanks. must be why I haven't seen any I have either been in cities or on the outskirts. So I will try going outside of them now.

Thanks

Commodore, Sir Pepi Deto
Falleen Protection Forces CO
Dean, Ichigo Military Academy
Falleen Federation
Trade Federation Citizen L1
Year 14 Day 158 22:57
You need to have a high perception skill or have scouts placed around a terrain

square (not a city), The outskirts are still part of the city.

Even with a high skill you still will not be able to see the whole terrain square, This

is where Macrobinoculars come in handy as well as Multiple sensor packs, equiped

to your scouts should get you full coverage if you place them correctly.

mowc9ys