161 are online

Year

Day

Time

03:03:12

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Do recycling stations/plants work? How do you use them?
Page 1 2
As stated in the header above.

I am curious to know if they are implemented?

If so what can be recycled in them?

If I build a recycling station can I only recycle ships? Can I do droids and items in a station as well?

mowc9ys

They don't work, wish they would so we could recycle items and droids and such.

Benedicta Per Gratiam Jou
MeandMine.png
--> Lvl 5 FI Operator - Free Service <--

What about wreckers and Evs droids?

What can be recycled?

Edited By: Hal Moore on Year 14 Day 152 23:46

mowc9ys

Wreckers and EVAs do - only on facilities and stations though.

Ellias_sig6.png
I honestly didn't try to recycle anything beside stations, facilities, vehicles and ships. Wreckers and EVS work though, only difference is EVS can store a lot more RMs, Wreckers dont make any beside the odd Tibanna Gas they can fit inside. But Wreckers can do stations, since EVS can't float in space.

MeandMine.png

does it make a difference if you use more than one wrecker or evs droid?

mowc9ys

You cant use more than one EVS or Wrecker.

MeandMine.png

Is there any plans to implement recycling items/ships/vehicles?

mowc9ys

As I said, you can already recycle vehicles and ships. Never tried items.

MeandMine.png

I know i tested recycling Items on Dev during the last dev meeting and we had it working.

xvflKAn_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
Could someone test it out and find out if recycling works on items please?

mowc9ys

I tried it and it didn't seem to work for me to recycle items. Olwin said it might work with EVS, but I won't be near one for a while.

MeandMine.png

I just tested in an EVS on Dev. Recycling Items works with an EVS. Haven't tried the Plant yet. EDIT: Plants seem to have no recycle button.

One item at a time. Item must be outside the EVS on the ground. Usual Recycling Rules about assignment.

I recycled a Keycard in about a 4 hour timer. Around 6K cost, got 9 Rudic, 3 Mel.

Edited By: Kay Dallben on Year 14 Day 156 10:36
Dan Hakim

Lillith, you didn't get any RMs back from recycling with a Wrecker?
When I asked about where RMs go when recycling with Wreckers (due to them having next to no storage capacity) I was told that if you have a hauler present the RMs go there.

DukhaBanrHRZNTL_zps08e5f7a7.png
I have no clue Dan, sending a hauler with Wreckers is a waste of a ship, but we might test it later. Also someone just managed to recycle a bacta patch, ETA about 4 ours on it too. So items recycling seems to be working, with EVS.

MeandMine.png

Where can I get my hands on evs's?

mowc9ys

Maha Michi

"I recycled a Keycard in about a 4 hour timer. Around 6K cost, got 9 Rudic, 3 Mel."
- Kay

Free RMs from keycards... which take no RMs to make. Bug maybe?

kx7JEUp.jpg
VcL2Esm.jpg
IrCmAXv.jpg
J7BUXTv.png
Blot Hlidskjalf

Where can I get my hands on evs's? 

contact a recycling faction. some give the DCs for pocket money or for free.
after that you need a factory and 100 worker, some RMs and 2 months (iirc).
or try to buy a built one at CPM (if offered for sale).

Free RMs from keycards... which take no RMs to make. Bug maybe?

- Maha Michi

Depends how you look at it, I suppose. Are we saying that entities that exist but were not Produced should not be recyclable - or just Keycards? If it's the former, that includes all those wrecks from the Red Scenarios, all the CP ships, etc.

I don't view it as THAT crazy a loophole in any event. Look at it in comparison to mining:

Recycling Keycards:
4 hours to create + (6,000 credits + 4 hours to recycle) = 9 Rudic + 3 Mel - Keycard. So 6,000 credits + 8 hours, with 2 button pushes for 9 Rudic and 3 Mel.

I think Mel was around 70 credits per unit "at cost" and Rudic was around 700 per unit. That's 6,495 credits via Mining using an average Yield for Mel of around 19,000 units and Average Yield for Rudic of around 4,500 units.

Yeah, so you save 495 Credits, but in order to get 4.5K Rudic by recycling keycards, you'd have to recycle 500 Keycards. To get 19K Mel, you'd have to recycle 6,333 keycards.

I don't see it as a reasonable undertaking unless you have a massive amount of EVS's sitting idle in one place along with a ton of Keycards.

Nobody who has that much EVS just idles with them =P But I agree with what Kay said.

As for where to get EVS, yeah probably make one, they are not sold often because they take so long to make.

MeandMine.png

Page 1 2