Time

12:57:47

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Do RX pilots fly by themselfs
Page 1 2
Year 14 Day 159 10:18
When RX pilots are in the cockpit and your in a different room to them, do fly for you.

Torin

2zexb3t.jpg
Year 14 Day 159 10:24
Kendall Holm

So long as you do not leave the ship or leave the ship in another enitity

SWC3dsUser.png
Year 14 Day 159 15:22
Sylvin Macflint

Additionally from my understanding, RX pilots can only remote pilot fighters and freighters, and R-1s are meant to pilot Capital ships, and the FA-4 Pilot can pilot anything. Is this correct has anyone tried for sure?

Year 14 Day 159 17:47
Basically, droids won't remote fly entities for you - you have to be in there in some way. And yes Sylvin each droid has a pilot skill which means it can only pilot for that specific entity.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 14 Day 159 23:09
Ok thanks

2zexb3t.jpg
Year 14 Day 199 12:31
Tarka Uremasu

Confirmation,

Basically, droids won't remote fly entities for you - you have to be in there in some way.  

Ellias, you said that droids wont remote fly entities and that you have to be in the entity in someway; meaning the ship right, which they can pilot?

breaking that down a bit, does that allow being both physically in a ship as well as boarding a ship that's docked?

Year 14 Day 199 14:35
Sylvin Macflint

If the ship you intend on boarding is docked within the ship that's traveling, And you have the proper pilot droid in the cockpit, then the ship that is traveling will not drop out of hyper or sublight travel by boarding the docked ship, so long as, it (and you), remains docked aboard the transporting craft.

Edited By: Sylvin Macflint on Year 14 Day 199 14:36
Year 14 Day 199 19:47
Yes, all droids do is prevent travel from aborting when you enter a docked entity.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 14 Day 200 14:26
Tarka Uremasu

Thank you

Year 14 Day 200 23:43
Yarchur Orion

Going on from this question, if the Piloting skill of the PC pilot is different from the skill of a droid that takes control, is the time of flight re-calculated? I suspect not, but just making sure...

1il7wj.png

Chaos is a ladder.

Year 14 Day 201 0:20
Flight time remains the same. The timer is set when you start the flight.

Benedicta Per Gratiam Jou
MeandMine.png
--> Lvl 5 FI Operator - Free Service <--
Year 14 Day 201 12:00
Hawke Tanor

Is this just pilot droids? Or, can Astromech droids help to keep you flying as well?

Edited By: Hawke Tanor on Year 14 Day 201 12:07

j8IRtQk.png

uOVmDdZ.png

KD5GzyM.png
Year 14 Day 201 12:10
The only astromechs implemented are the RX and FA pilot droids. All others are not. So no those lik ethe R2, R3, etc will not work.

Commodore, Sir Pepi Deto
Falleen Protection Forces CO
Dean, Ichigo Military Academy
Falleen Federation
Trade Federation Citizen L1
Year 14 Day 201 12:17
Thats false, any droid with Piloting skill will work if the skills match the ships (like Capital piloting for bigger ships), and last time I checked they gave piloting to all R series, not just R-1 I been using for capital for years.

MeandMine.png
Year 14 Day 201 15:26
Hawke Tanor

Well, I have a T-7 and tested in in sub light travel and it worked. However, not sure on Hyper travel yet - don't want to end up in the wrong place.

Thanks for all the information.

j8IRtQk.png

uOVmDdZ.png

KD5GzyM.png
Year 14 Day 201 19:31
As Lilith stated, as long as the droid had the pilot skill, it will continue to pilot that entity for you. Although I have not tested it as I have no need, the Battle Droid should be able to pilot vehicles when you enter a docked entity.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 14 Day 209 3:34
Just to confirm, I have just boarded EVS inside MTC traveling in hyper while having FA-4 pilot in the cockpit and it didn't make me stop hyper. So pilot droids work.

MeandMine.png
Year 14 Day 209 21:33
Sylvin Macflint

Has anyone checked whether the T-7 works with hyper yet?
It would be nice to know if the droids with 'not yet implemented status' function as the partially or fully implemented droids do.
It would be a great bonus, especially for newer players to use easily obtained 'CP' droids.

As per the 'Rules' page:
Skills:
- Fighter/Freighter Piloting: 1
- Capital Ship Piloting: 1

Edited By: Sylvin Macflint on Year 14 Day 214 8:27
Year 14 Day 209 22:22
If T7 has piloting skill, it works. I think it simply needs update of the implementation icon. Like the other R series droids that show no implementation.

MeandMine.png
Year 14 Day 227 7:01
Does anyone have any FA-4 pilots for sale?

2zexb3t.jpg
Page 1 2