Time

13:38:57

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Discovering a new system.
Page 1 2
Year 14 Day 165 5:23
When you find a new system does it stay hidden? Or is it announced on gns?

My perception is that you have to build a holo net building, I think I am wrong....

So can someone clarify?

Edit: The answer is 7 days once the system is found.

Edited By: Hal Moore on Year 14 Day 169 6:08

mowc9ys

Year 14 Day 165 5:33
Stays hidden for 72 hrs as a reward for the individual/group that finds it before the public GNS post is released.

Edited By: Junta Vosh on Year 14 Day 165 5:33

mystats.php?uid=c8687
Year 14 Day 165 6:50
Blot Hlidskjalf

wrong
stay hidden for 7 days. counter starts when someone enters the system

Year 14 Day 165 7:33
How long has it been like that? Just curious. Right after the change to the map it was 72h. Takes the fun out of slabbing if no one else knows for a week.

mystats.php?uid=c8687
Year 14 Day 165 10:01
Quite a while. And thankfully it takes the "fun" out of slabbing, as one of the most depressing things to see is a planet pointlessly covered in brown city squares.

Year 14 Day 165 10:19
THeres no fun in slabbing, nor is it overly beautiful to look at. Its an expensive and ugly way to temporaily prevent people from taking over a planet. Thankfully at least some groups are allowing a portion of the slabs to dissolve after the planet is secured.

Year 14 Day 165 11:44
So it does stay hidden for 7 days?

That's great.

It's who you surround yourself with, that defines you.
Year 14 Day 165 16:47
It was a pain in the tookuss getting the planet which shall remain nameless back from the interloping slabbers. Could not raise shields fast enough to prevent slabbing but it seriously slowed building.

mystats.php?uid=c8687
Year 14 Day 166 9:46
Kain Eckert

When i discovered a planet. I talked to admins about how long before it was announced on gns. I was told 3 days. That admin even disagreed with another admin that told me it was 7 days.
If i had known we had 7days we wouldn't have had to slab the planet to ensure we had it. We could have built 1 city & just gained control.
Which ended up happening, we had control & had the majority of the planet slabbed.
Spent alot of credits slabbing it.
So why did that admin tell me it was 3 days? Jesfa?

Year 14 Day 166 10:17
I have several unflattering theories but if you want any accuracy you should probably ask him directly.

swcforumsig

Year 14 Day 166 16:10
This change is news to me too. Wonder how many other players still think its the original 72 hrs?

RIP CHESTER
20986784_135808347028949_4302612595484917760_n.jpg
Year 14 Day 166 17:44
It was originally 3 days but earlier this year (Dev meeting perhaps?) it was changed to 7 days to allow for people to gain control without slabbing the whole planet.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 14 Day 166 22:20
There hasnt been a dev meeting yet this year Ellias

Year 14 Day 167 7:05
Kain Eckert

I asked the question on irc help. Where Elias told me it was 7 days. Jesfa then responded that Elias didn't know what he was talking about & that it was 3 days.

I believed Jesfa because he has been adding new systems & you'd figure he would just know. We then decided to slab the whole planet because we wouldn't gain control till 4 days. Wasted alot of credits.
So how come everyone wasn't on the same page & their was no sim news released about the change?

Year 14 Day 167 7:54
Wow, that took a bit of finding, but what do you know, it was announced on the Sim News and everything: Sim News post 13.206

So its been almost half a year since the implementation of the 7 day timer...

Did you really think Jesfa would know what he was talking about?

Edited By: Ellias Aubec on Year 14 Day 167 7:55

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 14 Day 167 8:07
Kain Eckert

Ok, thanks for finding that. I really have to start looking at the sim news closer.

Year 14 Day 167 16:53
OK I see the sim news but adding it at the bottom of a sync kinda hard to find.
Def should have made a bigger post about a huge change like this is all Im saying. I bet if u took poll many players probably missed that little part at end of synch news as its a big game mechanic maybe its own announcement would have kept confusion and wasted credits/slabs.

RIP CHESTER
20986784_135808347028949_4302612595484917760_n.jpg
Year 14 Day 167 23:15
Helena Gladio

Well, in your defence Riddick, the simnews came out. People read it. A day later some extra info was added ^ Look at the edit dates on the bottom and the publicing date.

So if you want to be sure you get all the info: Simnews comes out. Read it. Then keep rereading it days in a row in case an edit is inserted.

<_

Edited By: Helena Gladio on Year 14 Day 167 23:16

mystats.php?uid=c3968

Shout out to my fellow Falleen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpiIWMWWVco
Year 14 Day 167 23:23
It displays as a new post if an edit is made

swcforumsig

Year 14 Day 168 7:53
Tabty Haasza

OK I see the sim news but adding it at the bottom of a sync kinda hard to find.
Def should have made a bigger post about a huge change like this is all Im saying. I bet if u took poll many players probably missed that little part at end of synch news as its a big game mechanic maybe its own announcement would have kept confusion and wasted credits/slabs.  

For what it's worth (not much), I knew it was 7 days.

It is your responsibility to read the SIM News when it's posted. Every time the icon is flashing, read the post in its entirety. It's important to know all of these types of rules, and the admins can't do much more than post a SIM news about changes.

Also; I do agree that the admins need to be on the same page. I, too, have gotten many... "conflicting" answers from our dear admins/ASims.

Tabty Haasza || CEO / Owner || Akheton Corporation

tabty_haasza_cit.png
Page 1 2